+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 106 of 253 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Patience is needed and do think people are panicking after a bad defeat, we will likely lose this weekend too

Then we have to make the most of the three months that follow to get pts on the board

This season was always going to be a challenge after we were hamstrung due to the legal case and upheaval of a new manager unexpectedly

I look at the table and it's not easy to see two teams that we'd definitely finish above, all are experienced at this level... some got carried away after the start, tenth would be a very good outcome for us

It's a challenge we should embrace though as a support, not very all worried by, it's something we've never had to do before as Utd fans, come into the top flight after being out of it for a few seasons and stay up (nineties was different, we were away one season, came back, started bad changed manager and signed kjell, erik, lars and sieb as there was no transfer window)
    Spot on!

Panicking and giving our heads a rattle? Nonsense. I've said since about February that we need at least 4 or 5 decent signings and that hasn't changed in the slightest. The fact we were beaten by Killie has absolutely nothing to do with anything. We've signed less than any other team in the Premiership. As the promoted Championship club I'd have been hoping for us to have signed more than we have, even with everything else going on.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 08-09-2020 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Patience and perspective needed here.
    Some of you lot want to give your heads a rattle, only 6 games in, almost a month til window closes and a run of winnable games when it does.
    6 games in but f ucking months of nothing when we all knew what we needed, yes we had covid, yes we had the court case but c'mon to f uck it been obvious as f uck we had to strengthen.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Panicking and giving our heads a rattle? Nonsense. I've said since about February that we need at least 4 or 5 decent signings and that hasn't changed in the slightest. The fact we were beaten by Killie has absolutely nothing to do with anything. We've signed less than any other team in the Premiership. As the promoted Championship club I'd have been hoping for us to have signed more than we have, even with everything else going on.
    correct, my thoughts exactly every team strengthens when promoted we really haven't

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    6 games in but f ucking months of nothing when we all knew what we needed, yes we had covid, yes we had the court case but c'mon to f uck it been obvious as f uck we had to strengthen.
    You know there's been a global pandemic going on for the last few months which has stalled EVERYTHING?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    ...I've said since about February...
    You know there's been a global pandemic going on for the last few months which has stalled EVERYTHING?

It may be that either Safranko or Norwood may yet pitch up here but it’s obvious their respective Clubs are playing their end in order to get the best deals for themselves. Bearing in mind that the transfer window runs till the end of October it may yet prove some time before they start to yield a bit when it becomes clearer that there is nothing else out there for them in terms of moving the players on other than United. The question is can we afford (from a playing perspective) to hold out for another seven weeks in the hope that our game of transfer brinkmanship proves fruitful?

Ironically this is where the longer transfer window plays against us....................

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Well aware of that, yet it's not stopped St. Mirren making 8 signings, Hamilton 7, Motherwell 8, Killie 10, Ross County 8, Livingston 11. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    It may be that either Safranko or Norwood may yet pitch up here but it’s obvious their respective Clubs are playing their end in order to get the best deals for themselves. Bearing in mind that the transfer window runs till the end of October it may yet prove some time before they start to yield a bit when it becomes clearer that there is nothing else out there for them in terms of moving the players on other than United. The question is can we afford (from a playing perspective) to hold out for another seven weeks in the hope that our game of transfer brinkmanship proves fruitful?

Ironically this is where the longer transfer window plays against us....................
    The transfer window closes on the 5th October. Just under 4 weeks away

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Hasn't stalled other teams in our league - some of them have made a number of signings, and good ones at that, with more transfer movement going on this week. Hibs, who already had a fairly capable squad, have signed at least 4 players that I can think of, 3 of whom we talked about as good additions to our squad.

Micky was quoted a few weeks back saying something along the lines of having his fingers in lots of pies or spinning lots of plates regarding possible transfers. If the Norwood thing wasn't immediately looking like a goer and some doubt about Safranko's move then he should be progressing with other targets in the background.

It's nearly a month since the Hibs game, which showed us what were lacking (which most of us have known since before we were promoted) and a week and half since the alarmingly eye opening result against Kilmarnock. I know people are saying that after Ibrox we are coming in to a run of "winnable" games but they are only winnable if you have the ability to score goals and I don't think we do. I think we're looking at more draws and defeats if we don't add a couple new signings to our squad.
    Last edited by PT_Arab; 08-09-2020 at 07:25 AM.

Page 106 of 253 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)