+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: No football this year

[QUOTE=noahrab;39486451]Governments have been following scientific advice and that’s all they could do.

Damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Sturgeon just adds confusion....which I think is what they want.[/QUOTE

Your right the government will continue to follow the scientific advice ,the reality is that people who are facing real hardship will decide economically to take work if they can get it and will by default come out of lockdown, clear as day round my way.

Sturgeon trying to put a wee personal stamp on this.

I’m sure an exit strategy has been or is being discussed.

We need a consistent message across all 4 parts of U.K.

We don’t need to put tartan around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Islam,not being funny but is fraud not a matter for Police Scotland
    Hi Mudskipper.
    I had a cheque which I issued for £75 fraudulently altered to £2,350 and the half wits who fraudulently altered my cheque did not have a banking brain as they put a ‘2’ in front of the ‘8’ to make it ‘28th’ despite a cheque having a six month shelf life on it. I suffered no loss as I happened to take a mini statement the day my cheque was in the ‘forward posting’ (a banking term) of my current account and my bank was able to return my cheque. As soon as the bank staff retrieved my cheque they noticed that it had been fraudulently altered. I have a black and white photocopy of my fraudulently altered cheque and it looks as if I had written the cheque myself. The only thing that the fraudsters did not alter was my signature.
    I reported my fraud to Strathclyde Police (it took place in January 2012). I gave them full details of where and how the fraud took place and I received a crime reference number. The WPC advised me that they would forward the details of this attempted fraud to the Metropolitan Police and I have never heard a cheep from the Met.
    My father received a series of fraudulent standing orders debited to his current account and his RBS branch refunded him every time a fraudulent standing order was debited to his account. Eventually in 2017 I went to the Police Scotland Bell Street office to report this crime.
    The WPC on duty told me that they could not investigate this crime as my father had received a full refund from his bank.
    I was shocked and told her that this was a novel way for the SNP Government to keep the crime figures down in Scotland.
    Over four months after my father died there was another attempt to debit a fraudulent standing order to his current account. I received a phone call and email from RBS asking me to contact them about this standing order. I phoned them and they asked if they could speak to my father. I told them that they would have to go to the ‘pearly gates’ if they wanted to speak to him as he had died over four months ago.
    Unbelievable but all true.
    In my opinion the main cause of banking fraud is that the back office work from bank branches has been removed to service centres where these staff are able to access full details of customers accounts without their knowledge. I even offered the details of these fraudulent transactions to the Money Section of the Sunday Times in October 2017 after they had been complaining about banking fraud but they never used my information.

Everyone seems happy to ‘sweep things under the carpet’ and do nothing about it resulting in the fraudsters getting away with it.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 28-04-2020 at 11:22 PM.

In the beginning I think the government chose the herd immunity route and said phuck it the older generation ,that’s how it looked anyway...Also might have been a good idea to lead by example and not sit in the commons as normal and contract the virus and be out the game for a month.

Regards decisions ,it looks like we now have to decide if we should wear face protection not necessarily masks in shops ,(we should consider) the FM’s words what kind of half arsed statement is that....

If politicians don’t do their homework then guys like Piers Morgan will rightly tear them a new one....
    Hi Mudskipper.
    In 1969 and 1970 there were two outbreaks of Hong Kong flu throughout the UK resulting in 80,000 deaths but the country did not grind to a halt and Sporting events including football matches were not suspended until further notice.
    There was no vaccine and eventually it ended probably through herd immunity. There were no emails and the post was delivered later due to postmen being off ill and milk deliveries also suffered due to milkmen also being off work due to having Hong Kong flu.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi Mudskipper.
    In 1969 and 1970 there were two outbreaks of Hong Kong flu throughout the UK resulting in 80,000 deaths but the country did not grind to a halt and Sporting events including football matches were not suspended until further notice.
    There was no vaccine and eventually it ended probably through herd immunity. There were no emails and the post was delivered later due to postmen being off ill and milk deliveries also suffered due to milkmen also being off work due to having Hong Kong flu.
    Did Hong Kong fluey no go on to have his own tv series and become a number one superstar😁

In 2009 when the panic 're swine flu was on it was estimated it would kill 65000 in the UK (worst estimate) it ended up killing less than 400.

At the time the health Secretary trying to allay fears pointed out that the flu in year 1999/00 had killed well over 20000 in the UK.

There was no lockdown.

The reported record number of deaths reported for week beginning 10th of April is also incorrect it was 1970 when you take into account the population then and what it is now.

[QUOTE=Mudskipper;39486459]
    Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Governments have been following scientific advice and that’s all they could do.

Damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Sturgeon just adds confusion....which I think is what they want.[/QUOTE

Your right the government will continue to follow the scientific advice ,the reality is that people who are facing real hardship will decide economically to take work if they can get it and will by default come out of lockdown, clear as day round my way.

Sturgeon trying to put a wee personal stamp on this.
    They will follow the advice of their chosen advisers I'd say not THE scientific advice Mudskipper.

There is other advice out there aka Sweden.

Economically.....I think it's irretrievable without plundering money off people's savings, pensions and property.

Last week I was watching Hard Talk on TV and I discovered that the World Health Organisation (WHO) is an offshoot of the United Nations and we all know how useless the United Nations are at getting anything done. The UN are all talk and no action.
    This would account for the WHO accepting everything that the Chinese leaders previously told them about Coronavirus until it was too late.

[QUOTE=Returnofrros;39486518]

They will follow the advice of their chosen advisers I'd say not THE scientific advice Mudskipper.

There is other advice out there aka Sweden.

Economically.....I think it's irretrievable without plundering money off people's savings, pensions and property.
    Given the news coming out of Sweden I don’t think their approach is one that has worked any better than anyone else’s and looks to have backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Did Hong Kong fluey no go on to have his own tv series and become a number one superstar😁

In 2009 when the panic 're swine flu was on it was estimated it would kill 65000 in the UK (worst estimate) it ended up killing less than 400.

At the time the health Secretary trying to allay fears pointed out that the flu in year 1999/00 had killed well over 20000 in the UK.

There was no lockdown.

The reported record number of deaths reported for week beginning 10th of April is also incorrect it was 1970 when you take into account the population then and what it is now.
    I take it Rosemary the telephone operator survived....!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi Mudskipper.
    I had a cheque which I issued for £75 fraudulently altered to £2,350 and the half wits who fraudulently altered my cheque did not have a banking brain as they put a ‘2’ in front of the ‘8’ to make it ‘28th’ despite a cheque having a six month shelf life on it. I suffered no loss as I happened to take a mini statement the day my cheque was in the ‘forward posting’ (a banking term) of my current account and my bank was able to return my cheque. As soon as the bank staff retrieved my cheque they noticed that it had been fraudulently altered. I have a black and white photocopy of my fraudulently altered cheque and it looks as if I had written the cheque myself. The only thing that the fraudsters did not alter was my signature.
    I reported my fraud to Strathclyde Police (it took place in January 2012). I gave them full details of where and how the fraud took place and I received a crime reference number. The WPC advised me that they would forward the details of this attempted fraud to the Metropolitan Police and I have never heard a cheep from the Met.
    My father received a series of fraudulent standing orders debited to his current account and his RBS branch refunded him every time a fraudulent standing order was debited to his account. Eventually in 2017 I went to the Police Scotland Bell Street office to report this crime.
    The WPC on duty told me that they could not investigate this crime as my father had received a full refund from his bank.
    I was shocked and told her that this was a novel way for the SNP Government to keep the crime figures down in Scotland.
    Over four months after my father died there was another attempt to debit a fraudulent standing order to his current account. I received a phone call and email from RBS asking me to contact them about this standing order. I phoned them and they asked if they could speak to my father. I told them that they would have to go to the ‘pearly gates’ if they wanted to speak to him as he had died over four months ago.
    Unbelievable but all true.
    In my opinion the main cause of banking fraud is that the back office work from bank branches has been removed to service centres where these staff are able to access full details of customers accounts without their knowledge. I even offered the details of these fraudulent transactions to the Money Section of the Sunday Times in October 2017 after they had been complaining about banking fraud but they never used my information.

Everyone seems happy to ‘sweep things under the carpet’ and do nothing about it resulting in the fraudsters getting away with it.
    Don’t know if this ties up Islay but I remember being on a fraud identification course where there was a lot of Police presence ,I’m sure the number mentioned was 50k and under was deemed small time ,unbelievable if true but even it’s close we need to be a bit more savvy when online....

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)