Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!

Thread: Queen of the South 1960

Queen of the South 1960

Can anyone name all these Queens players?

I only know Bobby Black (front centre) and I think Jim Kerr is in the back row.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Defo a reserve team and i am sure that's Irving Gracie in goals. Probably a Southern Counties Cup final as it looks like Johnny Wallace is the manager / trainer on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Defo a reserve team and i am sure that's Irving Gracie in goals. Probably a Southern Counties Cup final as it looks like Johnny Wallace is the manager / trainer on the left.
    Thanks. Gracie's granddaughter posted the photo to the Old Dumfries page on Facebook.

Not really surprised that no - one else in the team has been named as it is 60 years ago and the players will all be approaching
    late 70s I would guess - the late Jim Kerr was 18 in 1960 for instance.

Not really surprised that no - one else in the team has been named as it is 60 years ago and the players will all be approaching
    late 70s I would guess - the late Jim Kerr was 18 in 1960 for instance.
    Would Ian Black know most of the players?

Confirmed by Queens top historian Ian Black that it is in fact a Southern Counties Cup final namely the Potts Cup of 1959 - 60 (a very modest trophy in size). The line - up is:- Wallace trainer, Kerr, Anderson, Dunese, Gracie, Irving, Scott, McKinnel jnr. Front:- Armstrong, Dunlop, Black, Brown, Pinkerton.

Confirmed by Queens top historian Ian Black that it is in fact a Southern Counties Cup final namely the Potts Cup of 1959 - 60 (a very modest trophy in size). The line - up is:- Wallace trainer, Kerr, Anderson, Dunese, Gracie, Irving, Scott, McKinnel jnr. Front:- Armstrong, Dunlop, Black, Brown, Pinkerton.

Many thanks for this information....

Replace Irving with Thomson (my error). Apart from Kerr and Black who of course went on to be legendary Doonhamers - Dunese, Dunlop and Pinkerton all played a few games in the first eleven.