Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Latest easing in Holland

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,153

    Latest easing in Holland

    Here are the new "easings" announced yesterday.......

    The 1.5m rule stays

    Pubs and restaurants. They may open from 12:00 on June 1st. Maximum of 30 people inside, all sat at tables and you have to have made a reservation.People from the same household don't have to keep 1.5m away from each other but do from the other customers. Easy to check as we have always had to carry ID. Before entering an establishment there will be questions asked and any sign of a cough or sneeze etc will see you refused access. This also applies to any terrace the bar/restaurant has with the exception of the 30 customer max rule.

    Museums. Same rules as pubs.

    Theatres/cinemas/concert halls. Same rules as pubs but from July 1st.

    Clubs/discos. Remain closed. Possible reopening date September 1st

    Gyms. See clubs/discos

    Public transport. From June 1st, everybody on public transport over the age of 13 MUST wear a face mask.

    Junior schools. From June 8th kids will attend full time instead of 50% as it currently is.

    Secondary schools. Fully open from June 2nd.

    Further education. Open from June 15th but only for exams and practical lessons, not theory.

    Care homes. A limited number of visitors will be permitted from June 25th. A limit of 1 visitor per patient.


    This all with the caveat that a worsening of the CV-19 stats will see relaxed measures reimposed.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 20-05-2020 at 07:40 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,718
    Interesting and grounds for optimism from the Netherlands then MA.

    Can see ID becoming more prevalent and assuming that those facilities that accept thirty customers are the biggest and that there is some sort of ‘sliding scale’ according to the size of the premises.

    Is attendance at school compulsory or left to parents’ discretion?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    989
    [QUOTE=MadAmster;39498218]Here are the new "easings" announced yesterday.......

    The 1.5m rule stays

    Pubs and restaurants. They may open from 12:00 on June 1st. Maximum of 30 people inside, all sat at tables and you have to have made a reservation.People from the same household don't have to keep 1.5m away from each other but do from the other customers. Easy to check as we have always had to carry ID. Before entering an establishment there will be questions asked and any sign of a cough or sneeze etc will see you refused access. This also applies to any terrace the bar/restaurant has with the exception of the 30 customer max rule.

    Museums. Same rules as pubs.

    Theatres/cinemas/concert halls. Same rules as pubs but from July 1st.

    Clubs/discos. Remain closed. Possible reopening date September 1st

    Gyms. See clubs/discos

    Public transport. From June 1st, everybody on public transport over the age of 13 MUST wear a face mask.

    Junior schools. From June 8th kids will attend full time instead of 50% as it currently is.

    Secondary schools. Fully open from June 2nd.

    Further education. Open from June 15th but only for exams and practical lessons, not theory.

    Care homes. A limited number of visitors will be permitted from June 25th. A limit of 1 visitor per patient.


    This all with the caveat that a worsening of the CV-19 stats will see relaxed measures reimposed.[/QUOTE

    So, schools are back to normal after the 8th of June, with I assume, little or no social distancing, unlike other institutions.

    Big gamble by the government, which would have been slaughtered in this country,

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,396
    Will this Dutch hairdresser come here and help?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja4Z3OArXNg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Interesting and grounds for optimism from the Netherlands then MA.

    Can see ID becoming more prevalent and assuming that those facilities that accept thirty customers are the biggest and that there is some sort of ‘sliding scale’ according to the size of the premises.

    Is attendance at school compulsory or left to parents’ discretion?
    Yes. I had hoped that the first bit I wrote about the 1.5m staying in force would have implied that. Maybe a better wording would be "up to a max of 30 customers, all of whom (except members of the same household) are keeping to the social distancing norm".

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,232
    I assume that the bars will not be allowing children in, as is common practice in European places of alcohol, since none of the patrons would want to be in the same confined space as children, now would they.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    989
    RA, I'm interested to hear your views on the Dutch schools appearing to go back full time, when it seems that everywhere else is working with restrictions?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    RA, I'm interested to hear your views on the Dutch schools appearing to go back full time, when it seems that everywhere else is working with restrictions?
    Not entirely true 59. Kindergartens en junior schools have been back on half days for a couple of weeks without seeing the infection or death rates reversing their downward trend. That is what has persuaded the government to permit them to go full time and to have secondary schools back as well.

    Interestingly enough, they are telling parents NOT to take little Jan or Janine to school by car. They are to walk or cycle. Those living too far away (I can't remember what the cut off distance is) will be picked up and returned home by transport organised by the school.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Not entirely true 59. Kindergartens en junior schools have been back on half days for a couple of weeks without seeing the infection or death rates reversing their downward trend. That is what has persuaded the government to permit them to go full time and to have secondary schools back as well.

    Interestingly enough, they are telling parents NOT to take little Jan or Janine to school by car. They are to walk or cycle. Those living too far away (I can't remember what the cut off distance is) will be picked up and returned home by transport organised by the school.
    Will all schools be full time after the 8th of June though?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,153
    Some more relaxations announced yesterday. Namely, Gyms, saunas, sports club can****s and casinos can all reopen from July 1st.........

    ................... provided they can properly socially distance. From July 1st the max allowed number at a "gathering" is 100 plus staff members, all suitably socially distanced. If you have a smaller establishment, the max will be lower.

    All of this, of course, fully dependent on CV-19 incidences not spiking again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •