Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we go, let us at em !!!

Here we go, let us at em !!!

Sheff U at home Wed 17th June. Same day as Ars v man c. That’s the games in hand done and dusted.

Still stinks that Home advantage means nowt, but hey ho, at least we can play it out on grass.

We just need to get fit, get our players like Heaton and SJM back, a fresh start and maybe train down VP so, on the day it wont faze us, oh and of course, fight like Lions..

Just had a dream about it. We were 1 up after a couple of minutes, it was level a few minutes later, they took the lead at about 15 minutes, by 35 minutes in we were winning 3-2.

No idea what the final score was but sounds like a stressful evening

Having seen the highlights of a few of the warm up matches Sam, it appears that teams with excellent technique and real pace, will fair better than the kick and rush sides.

Sides that I see doing well are Wolves, Man City and the like. Strolling around passing the ball in. Teams like ourselves, jawdees and Burnley will struggle.
    Now the other 2 are as good as safe. As our players couldn’t pass wind, I fear that “we’re all doooooooooomed”, mate.

On a brighter note, I’m very rarely right.

Sheff Utd are a very good side away from home but behind closed doors makes the whole thing a very different prospect for both teams. A win would do wonders for our confidence going into the final 9 games but we will need to be at our best from start to finish.

McGinn back in the middle is a big boost.

Its all about the results now, couldnt give a toss about the performance, 1-0 in the next 5 games and we are safe!

I can see us scoring 1 in each of the next 5 games Dave. It’s the ‘nil’ at the other end being the problem mate.

We have a chance, the manager has a chance to save his job, and the players have a chance to rebuild their reputations. We the fans, the forgotten heartbeat of the club, have a chance of seeing a miracle happen.

I’ll take that chance, I hope the rest do.

Do a Burnley - win ugly, don't give any opposing player an inch - leave everything on the pitch after 95 minutes - make your own luck.

Come on you Villa boys!

Had the season not been halted, we would already be down with the wild fire sales of Mings, McGinn and Grealish sorted.
    We have a 2nd chance.
    6 home games. Its not impossible to win 4 of those, we then have 6 other games to scrap for a draw or two. We dont have to do a Great Escape, just get a few wins, Smith has a 40% win rate, that could keep us up.
    Got to get off to a flyer though v Seff utd.

If deano had done what i suggested and signed Gareth Bale we wouldn't be in this predicament.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast