+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok lets get the ball rolling: transfer rumours 2020/1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Yet he’s the best striker we have had in a long time

Who’s going to play up top if he goes?

Smith can’t score for toffee but great on ball
    Vassell you say you like less
    Yates is leaving
    Proctor injured 🤕

Unless we sell him for over 8 million we don’t have a prayer if ladapo leaves, strikers cost money the fact that league 2 Yates is going for 500k tells you strikers are costly

Your talking at least 2 million for a decent replacement Possibly more.

And I know people will say 8 million not worth it but think about this jack Marriott went to derby from posh for 5 million price increases every year now take into consideration that they are looking to buy from a rival championship team
    8 million?! There isn't a chance any one of our players would go for that much. The club would sell anybody in the squad for less than half that.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    8 million?! There isn't a chance any one of our players would go for that much. The club would sell anybody in the squad for less than half that.
    I'm not sure the whole squad is worth 8 million. Sell the lot if they are and buy 20 more for 4 million.

Yet he’s the best striker we have had in a long time

Who’s going to play up top if he goes?

Smith can’t score for toffee but great on ball
    Vassell you say you like less
    Yates is leaving
    Proctor injured 🤕

Unless we sell him for over 8 million we don’t have a prayer if ladapo leaves, strikers cost money the fact that league 2 Yates is going for 500k tells you strikers are costly

Your talking at least 2 million for a decent replacement Possibly more.

And I know people will say 8 million not worth it but think about this jack Marriott went to derby from posh for 5 million price increases every year now take into consideration that they are looking to buy from a rival championship team
    2 million for a replacement? Ladapo cost 500k. Why not buy another one like him and sell him in 12 month for 8 million. Easy really.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Then it would be a massive failure on warne and Tony Stewart, you can’t sell and buy for roughly The same price it’s not good business, also you can’t sell a diamond and buy a couple of crystals from crystal maze and expect the crystals to work just as well

Then it would be a massive failure on warne and Tony Stewart, you can’t sell and buy for roughly The same price it’s not good business, also you can’t sell a diamond and buy a couple of crystals from crystal maze and expect the crystals to work just as well
    I never said they'd be going for the same price did I? Don't get me wrong, I agree that we don't sell players for enough, we gave Ajayi away in my opinion, but we still made a decent profit by our standards.

Do you honestly think that if somebody was to bid 4 million for any one of our players that the club wouldn't bite their hand off?

This unbiased view would suggest that he was one of the best strikers in the league

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...ne/top-scorers

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    This unbiased view would suggest that he was one of the best strikers in the league

Jch is only 1 goal behind him!

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Jch is only 1 goal behind him!
    He took all of Coventry's penalties., where most of his goals came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    He took all of Coventry's penalties., where most of his goals came from.

yes i know its bristol silly

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

flour, sorry but would have to disagree with you on this one. Toney played almost a 1000 minutes more than Ladapo, that is just over 11 full 90 minute games.

Toney scored 24 goals and Ladapo 14. A portion of games where Ladapo scored most of his goals were, when he came off the subs bench, whereas Toney started most of his games. Both had a success rate of 55% of shots converted to goals. That in itself puts Ladapo up there with Toney and if he had been given more game time, I'm confident he would have bettered Toney's score rate and goals scored.

If we're talking stupid money and Toney is worth 15 million, then Ladapo has to be worth 10 million at least. I just hope those in charge at ours have done theirs maths on Ladapo and Toney like I have, in anticipation of someone coming knocking for Ladapo's services.

Page 31 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast