Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Govt. Supportive of takeover

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,585

    Govt. Supportive of takeover

    Article in the Times today/tomorrow.

    A leaked letter basically saying they can't interfer in the premier leagues decision but they support Saudi Arabia's continued diversification efforts and the investments through PIF form part of these efforts.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,798
    Not usual for me but I'm with the Government on this one,

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,092
    No disrespect to jammy, but it's old news and 'The Times' are at the forefront of fake news.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    No disrespect to jammy, but it's old news and 'The Times' are at the forefront of fake news.
    I dunno about that, Henry Winter is the Chief football writer for The Times who is a highly respectable/unbias writer and I often find them one of the more reliable publications.

    Daily Mail, Express, Mirror, The Sun, Chronicle, Independent are the publications that have continuously massive flow of sh1t coming out of them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Laad View Post
    I dunno about that, Henry Winter is the Chief football writer for The Times who is a highly respectable/unbias writer and I often find them one of the more reliable publications.

    Daily Mail, Express, Mirror, The Sun, Chronicle, Independent are the publications that have continuously massive flow of sh1t coming out of them.
    The Saudi's will invest a lot in the area which means the Gov won't have to spend a penny on Tyneside but will take all the credit for any benefits that come out of that investment.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,798
    We're screwed. That fruitloop Uri Geller has predicted it will happen.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    The Saudi's will invest a lot in the area which means the Gov won't have to spend a penny on Tyneside but will take all the credit for any benefits that come out of that investment.
    I was 'defending' the publication so to say, rather than commenting about the story published.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    No disrespect to jammy, but it's old news and 'The Times' are at the forefront of fake news.
    Well it's not "Old news" they're actually supportive, we have all know but it's different for it to be in written word for us all to see.

    Also, Winter is pretty decent in regards news.

    Times isn't one i'd put at forefront of fake news myself but hey, we all have differences of opinion etc.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,092
    Are there any links to The Times article ? All I can find is 'the government won't get involed' which is what Oliver Dowden (sport secretary) said last month.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Are there any links to The Times article ? All I can find is 'the government won't get involed' which is what Oliver Dowden (sport secretary) said last month.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...over-l2rcxkhmw

    It's this article by Martin Ziegler similar in title but a different article, expanded upon with quotes/info of a leaked letter from the Government to the Premier League.
    Last edited by Mag_Laad; 14-06-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •