Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Mrs. Doubtfire - takeover not been good for club

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,435

    Mrs. Doubtfire - takeover not been good for club

    It seems Steve thinks the takeover talk has not been good for people inside the club!

    Well thats a touch rich for a bloke who has only been there for a number of months, and quite honestly does not deserve to be there.

    Its unfortunate that the talk of the club being taken over has made some within the club realise their days might be numbered. Some of the players might start to give their all.

    Steve needs to realise, the fans have had this talk/speculation/hype/rumour for every ****ing year for over a decade.

    hopefully its #cans today

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,485
    I really don't where you've gotten all this anger from, with what Bruce said in the zoom conference this morning? It was all fair comments he made, he even acknowledged how the fans have had to deal with it all as well. I'll post the clip for others to see as well below.

    Takeover speculation:

    https://twitter.com/footballdaily/st...064990208?s=20

    Matty Longstaff contract situation

    https://twitter.com/footballdaily/st...847343104?s=20

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Laad View Post
    I really don't where you've gotten all this anger from, with what Bruce said in the zoom conference this morning? It was all fair comments he made, he even acknowledged how the fans have had to deal with it all as well. I'll post the clip for others to see as well below.

    Takeover speculation:

    https://twitter.com/footballdaily/st...064990208?s=20

    Matty Longstaff contract situation

    https://twitter.com/footballdaily/st...847343104?s=20

    anger? hmmm ok

    Its coming to match day again, and Steve is already lining up his pawns so he has a ready made excuse.
    He does it every time, its called creating an excuse by ruling out an excuse.
    Its normally injuries he speaks about pre match and the famous words are "im not using it as an excuse BUT"

    Then when we dont play well, he uses it as an excuse.

    Im pretty certain Steve has reiterated in the past that he does not read the papers and nobody within the club has discussed the takeover with him, if this is true, how the hell can it be a factor in his build up.

    Or maybe he is telling fibs? or perhaps his son will be on tv again ready and able to fill us in on the matter?

    I cant speak for you but i'm confident on my assesment that Bruce is simply just another spineless media puppet like Pardew was, and i find it insulting when he tries to hoodwink me with his PR bullshlt when we all know what the score is.
    I defended him for the first few months but as you wake up and see the patterns emerging, i realise he's just another cog in the Ashley machine.

    He could have spoken in a positive light, we are ready and wanting to get back and hopefully get some points.

    Nope, he lines up his potential fall back.

    I guarantee you 100%, if we lose on Sunday or play badly, he will bring the takeover talk up as a reason that has contributed to the game negatively.

    So make sure your ready to have the clips of the post match press conference with Steve doing everything ive just said
    on Sunday if we lose

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,546
    I honestly can't figure out why our fans defend Bruce. He's a nice guy, he's doing a good job etc. He did nothing but slag the club off when he managed the tramps, his football is dire and results have been lucky. If it wasn't for Dubravka, I firmly believe we would be bottom of the League.
    As for the nice guy, he is that okay. Ask his former Chairman at clubs he has managed that have stood by him and then he has walked out on them.
    Back him if you wish and forget his comments when managing the tramps, I won't. Sooner he is out the door with Ashley and Charnley the better for me.
    For the record I agree with you Tanya. He is an excuse of a manager that is full of excuses.

  5. #5
    Bruce is history if this takeover goes through

    Hes just been on the tv saying Matth has been offered a fantastic contract and he should accept it

    Bye bye Bruce you certainly wont be missed

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    anger? hmmm ok

    Its coming to match day again, and Steve is already lining up his pawns so he has a ready made excuse.
    He does it every time, its called creating an excuse by ruling out an excuse.
    Its normally injuries he speaks about pre match and the famous words are "im not using it as an excuse BUT"

    Then when we dont play well, he uses it as an excuse.

    Im pretty certain Steve has reiterated in the past that he does not read the papers and nobody within the club has discussed the takeover with him, if this is true, how the hell can it be a factor in his build up.

    Or maybe he is telling fibs? or perhaps his son will be on tv again ready and able to fill us in on the matter?

    I cant speak for you but i'm confident on my assesment that Bruce is simply just another spineless media puppet like Pardew was, and i find it insulting when he tries to hoodwink me with his PR bullshlt when we all know what the score is.
    I defended him for the first few months but as you wake up and see the patterns emerging, i realise he's just another cog in the Ashley machine.

    He could have spoken in a positive light, we are ready and wanting to get back and hopefully get some points.

    Nope, he lines up his potential fall back.

    I guarantee you 100%, if we lose on Sunday or play badly, he will bring the takeover talk up as a reason that has contributed to the game negatively.

    So make sure your ready to have the clips of the post match press conference with Steve doing everything ive just said
    on Sunday if we lose
    By no means am I the biggest fan of Steve Bruce, but I'm fed up of the the rhetoric of our fans picking apart every single thing he does. It's not his fault Rafa walked last year, Bruce got offered a job at bigger club than Sheff Wed at a time in his managerial career where it would be unexpected for him to land a Prem club job, why would he not take it? Anybody in the same position would do that. A lot of us when Rafa left thought we were relegation fodder, me being one of them and when Bruce took the job we were all filled with the same dread of when McLaren took over. Bruce isn't anywhere near as capable or as great of a footballing mind as Rafa, but he's trying with what limited managerial ability he has and got us to 13th. I honestly think anybody who took up Rafa's job after him was always destined to be a target of hate from our fans, Bruce was just the unfortunate one to be picked by the board at the club for the role.

    Bruce certainly won't be here if the takeover goes through, I think he and we all know that. I mean the media, fans etc have been talking constantly about all the different facets of this takeover constantly for the past 3 months, with every player getting asked about it in interviews/social media etc and Bruce himself being asked about it constantly too by press. Do you not think thats a distraction? As it'll be the top topic of conversation between all of them, as whatever happens during this process at the club it's directly affecting them no matter what as it's their employers.

    If anything by the press conference and with what said he was just honest about the situation, would you have rather him lied and just said "Yeah that's the first we've all heard about this takeover. Oh it's been the constant news for the past 3 months has it? My players and I would have never have guessed as we've been training in our underground bunker with no wifi and 'Local Hero' on repeat"

    I provided clips to provide context to what we were both talking about, so people didn't need to look for it themselves and so they could form their own opinion. No need to be childish "So make sure your ready to have the clips of the post match press conference with Steve doing everything ive just said on Sunday if we lose", I'm guessing you're middle aged or older? Have a level head about this situation and act it then.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Laad View Post
    By no means am I the biggest fan of Steve Bruce, but I'm fed up of the the rhetoric of our fans picking apart every single thing he does. It's not his fault Rafa walked last year
    Rafa walked, think you will find his contract was finished and he didn't want to put up with Ashley's lies and false promises anymore. Only one man walked out on a contract last summer and that was Bruce. Walked out on an owner who bent over backwards for him after the death of his parents. Shows the man Bruce is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •