+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not impressed with the restart at all

Not impressed with the restart at all

So far, the Premier League recommencement has not made me glad it’s back. I know they’ve been out of action for 3 months , but that’s no excuse. The Premier League is not what it’s made out to be and the last few days ave confirmed that. Just now I could have been watching a game from the Tyneside Sunday afternoon league. It may have been open, but that’s all..Newcastle spent £40m on a forward that I would not pay £4,000 for. He is garbage. As for Sheffield United, even Chris Wilder must be really surprised how they are so high up in the league. Yes the table doesn’t lie, Yes they comfortably beat us, but they are overrated and next season I expect them to be one of the three to drop down.Look at the performances by Norwich and West Ham this past few days . They were both useless , and I reckon I could have scored against both of them.Right now, I don’t feel that I have missed out on anything over the last 3 months and it’s got nothing to do with empty stadiums or lack of atmosphere.Roy Keane is right to criticise poor performances. I just wish I could join him.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    So far, the Premier League recommencement has not made me glad it’s back. I know they’ve been out of action for 3 months , but that’s no excuse. The Premier League is not what it’s made out to be and the last few days ave confirmed that. Just now I could have been watching a game from the Tyneside Sunday afternoon league. It may have been open, but that’s all..Newcastle spent £40m on a forward that I would not pay £4,000 for. He is garbage. As for Sheffield United, even Chris Wilder must be really surprised how they are so high up in the league. Yes the table doesn’t lie, Yes they comfortably beat us, but they are overrated and next season I expect them to be one of the three to drop down.Look at the performances by Norwich and West Ham this past few days . They were both useless , and I reckon I could have scored against both of them.Right now, I don’t feel that I have missed out on anything over the last 3 months and it’s got nothing to do with empty stadiums or lack of atmosphere.Roy Keane is right to criticise poor performances. I just wish I could join him.
    Oh come on. Everybody knows that football today is far superior to the game I was brought up to watch. We used to have muddy pitches, snowy pitches, frozen pitches etc., heavy footballs, cumbersome boots, you could tackle people and give as good as you got and get on with it but it does not come anywhere near to this absoultely exciting game we watch these days. We had no skilful players or great goalscorers to watch, goalkeepers and defenders were just there for the game, mind you, they did want to play.

I really can't see why anybody complains about the game today it has been sterilised for the masses.

All I have seen is sterile, perfunctory rubbish and how a referee is supposed to be impartial when he is taking a knee I know not.

Moss's interpretation of Black Lives Matter seems to be to award a spot kick to any black player who dives in the penalty box.

It's bloody rubbish!

Attachment 16106

I'm glad it's back but is nowhere near up to speed yet.

The players are obviously not match fit . They have spent months, like us, in lockdown, and only started contact training a short time ago.

In effect it has been a normal length close season but they haven't had the normal build up or friendly matches.

Then they have to perform in a totally sterile atmosphere...so it is understandable.

I reckon it will take around three games to get something like.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Oh come on. Everybody knows that football today is far superior to the game I was brought up to watch. We used to have muddy pitches, snowy pitches, frozen pitches etc., heavy footballs, cumbersome boots, you could tackle people and give as good as you got and get on with it but it does not come anywhere near to this absoultely exciting game we watch these days. We had no skilful players or great goalscorers to watch, goalkeepers and defenders were just there for the game, mind you, they did want to play.

I really can't see why anybody complains about the game today it has been sterilised for the masses.

The few games I've starting watching so far have been abysmal, very few have been entertaining enough to keep me involved and it's been back to the gee gees long before the end. It has saved me some money though, I was going to re-activate my BTSport subscription then I didn't miss any of the action, but now I'm not, I can live without this tedious dross. I did watch a few Bundesliga games as well when they restarted, that was tedious dross as well.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)