Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Another week goes by!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    383

    Another week goes by!

    Unbelievable - massive criticism from loads of people in broadcasting after the Man City game, including the bloke who probably has most to lose if the takeover goes through - Steve Bruce and yet the Premier League are still bumbling along without making any decision. Without the Parliamentary grilling on Tuesday it wouldíve no doubt been the continued wall of silence and of course, total silence since. Itís bizarre how the broadcasting deals stalled during the last rights bidding and yet they are now damaging their own product and credibility with their utter buffoonery. By close of play next Friday, the week after, three weeks from now? Iím not holding my breath.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,125
    Perhaps they (Premier League) are dragging it out in the hope that it might collapse. That might be the only weapon they have.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,657
    It feels more and more like it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Perhaps they (Premier League) are dragging it out in the hope that it might collapse. That might be the only weapon they have.
    That won't happen. Its a matter of honour now between the Saudis and Qatar. No way will they pull out, and thats the only way it can collapse.
    I have suffered 13 year of Ashley, as long as its gone through to give us time for new signings for next season that will do me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,462
    ...... & the Khashoggi trial has just started in Turkey. They will find some way of using this to continue the procrastination !!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,924
    Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    ...... & the Khashoggi trial has just started in Turkey. They will find some way of using this to continue the procrastination !!!!
    I thought that initially but it's Saudis on trial rather than 'the' Saudis, if that makes sense?

    The PL would have been aware of this trial being imminent when Masters made his 'hoping for it to be resolved shortly' comment about the takeover so I'm guessing it may not be that relevant?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    ...... & the Khashoggi trial has just started in Turkey. They will find some way of using this to continue the procrastination !!!!
    Totally irrelevant, MBS not on trial, PIF not on trial. See your point though, won't stop thick paid off journalists trying to use it.
    A lot of these journalist need to be careful getting into bed with Qatar and Bein, in the coming weeks/ months they are going to look stupid. Wait until the owner of Bein goes to court in September. Will be interesting to say the least.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    A lot of these journalist need to be careful getting into bed with Qatar and Bein, in the coming weeks/ months they are going to look stupid.
    I agree, they will. You have to go back decades when they actually gave a f*ck though.

    #ScumMedia.

  9. #9
    I haven’t been anticipating this verdict from the PL at all. In my mind there’s no way they will approve it, so I put t to the back of my mind and have felt that way from the week the story broke.

    There’s no way they can approve it when they’ve been pirating Premier League matches, I know that hasn’t been proven, but they know full well they have, and that’s not to mention genocide, head chopping or killing journalists.

    Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce will be here next season and to be honest with you I don’t like the idea of being owned by the Saudi’s.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    I haven’t been anticipating this verdict from the PL at all. In my mind there’s no way they will approve it, so I put t to the back of my mind and have felt that way from the week the story broke.

    There’s no way they can approve it when they’ve been pirating Premier League matches, I know that hasn’t been proven, but they know full well they have, and that’s not to mention genocide, head chopping or killing journalists.

    Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce will be here next season and to be honest with you I don’t like the idea of being owned by the Saudi’s.
    There is already owners in the Premier League from countries guilty of all what you have said. Before its pointed out they are not leaders of these countries they didn't obtain their wealth through squeaky clean antics and I bet a lot have plenty of say in government in their respected countries. The same way Tory donors have influence in decisions made by our government in this country.
    Whats good for the goose and all that as far as I am concerned. You never get people to change by slamming doors in their faces. MBS is guilty of everything you have said but since he got control has allowed women to drive, allowed women to attend sporting events, and has stopped the beheading of children in the kingdom. Doesn't excuse what has went on before, far from it, but in the eyes of people that live there it is seen as progress.
    A lot of their ways if not all are set in stone from a religious point of view, it will take years to change the ways of the elders of the country but it has to start somewhere. When they takeover NUFC the whole world will be watching what goes on. Nothing will be able to be brushed under the carpet like what has gone before. That is progress and a good thing in my book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •