Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We have a new "local" derby

We have a new "local" derby

Leeds make it to the top flight after about 16 seasons in the doldrums.

They make Mackems look cultured. Millwall of the north !

There has often been bother at Leeds games with bad blood between supporters
    But
    They are a working class city with real fans
    I am happy to see them back

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    But
    Agree with this. A lot of similarities between the two clubs and cities. Always a decent away day too.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    But
    Spent 4 years teacher training in Leeds so very fond of the city but I think Kal's comparison with Milwall fans is an apt one in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Spent 4 years teacher training in Leeds so very fond of the city but I think Kal's comparison with Milwall fans is an apt one in my experience.
    my memories are of "alWAYS" going to Leeds on Boxing day - great day out ha

probably only happened once or twice lol,

chuffed to bits for dirty Leeds, i have a lot of mates from that way, loyal fans and straight to the point. Last time i was through there with my mates from Wakefield was in the nineties, Leeds got smashed from Sheff Weds 5 or 6 nil, i had my toon top on and we beat the scousers 1-0 i think, i was put in my place by some of the locals but we all ended up having a scrap and a drink afterwards, pretty sure im still the only person in Leeds to throw a chair at other fans and hit myself. Id just come back from Tenerife and had the hotel band on my wrist, the stool leg got caught and i ended up hitting myself. They gave me a few bats but started laughing, was a good day

Happy for Leeds got a few mates who support them. All of them decent lads. Have seen us win at Elland Road more than lose, and I have been a canny few times. Leeds deserve top division spot more than the likes of Bournemouth ( a place where the first time I went no one could tell me where the ground was even though I later found out we were only a few 100 yards off it)

Agreed - the PL is better when there are more big clubs with history and tradition. Goodbye Bournemouth and Norwich, hello Leeds and (hopefully) WBA.

Think its rubbish to say the likes of Bournmouth don't deserve to be in the prem - they have earnt that right by winning games and leagues.

If we just want "traditional clubs" and "historic" then we're changing to an style I'm not sure I like.

Just on the historic note - Bournmouth, for example are an older club than Leeds, so does that make them more historic?

That said, I'd rather have Leeds and Baggies in the prem than out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast