Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shirt Sponsor

Shirt Sponsor

Fun88 has signed a new deal to remain shirt sponsor,

Hmmm....

Surely if this takeover is going ahead the Saudis would of wanted to sort out a lucrative deal with someone to sponsor our shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Surely if this takeover is going ahead the Saudis would of wanted to sort out a lucrative deal with someone to sponsor our shirt.
    Aye, Jacko...got to admit that was my first thought.

I'm not seeing this as a good thing.

But....although that was my initial reaction, thinking about it a bit more, there must be day-to-day 'housekeeping' that needs to still be done and with the new shirt due, the sponsor is one of those things that had to be sorted.

In all sponsorship deals in sport there IS a clause to finish the deal early in certain circumstances. I spent a lot of years involved in sport industry.
    Think back to when fatty took over and virgin money deal ended early. Wouldn't worry too much over this.

I quite like fun88 anyway - and who knows they may be paying a lot more than last time !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    But....although that was my initial reaction, thinking about it a bit more, there must be day-to-day 'housekeeping' that needs to still be done and with the new shirt due, the sponsor is one of those things that had to be sorted.
    Surely a rolling 1 year contract would be better than a 'long term' one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sickas View Post
    Surely a rolling 1 year contract would be better than a 'long term' one?
    Yeah, on the face of it, you'd think so but I guess it would come down to the wording of the agreement. They're called a 'primary partner' so that could mean a host of things, including a change in the nature of their sponsorship.

I'd of felt better about it if it was a different sponsor but it's a gambling sponsor something the Saudis don't allow and frown upon. I think one of the first things they would want is to rid our shirt of that sponsor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast