Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Open top bus

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,047

    Open top bus

    So yes or no to this, for me its a no cant condone it at these times, can understand the celebrations though,

    My issue is whenever something good happens to Leeds Utd the media try to find fault,

    So we are part of the news headlines because of this, it shows us winning in style then onto the fans outside and the bus,

    It then goes to W.Brom and their promotion, showing thousands outside with the players coming out and HUGGING the fans and nothing fking said,

    Disgrace.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    So yes or no to this, for me its a no cant condone it at these times, can understand the celebrations though,

    My issue is whenever something good happens to Leeds Utd the media try to find fault,

    So we are part of the news headlines because of this, it shows us winning in style then onto the fans outside and the bus,

    It then goes to W.Brom and their promotion, showing thousands outside with the players coming out and HUGGING the fans and nothing fking said,

    Disgrace.
    I agree it was inadvisable to have the bus there - a shame there is the negative aspect to this now.

    However it was done through the Safety Committee, so had an official sanction, and perhaps avoided this:

    "Police issued a dispersal order to clear Liverpool fans from outside their Anfield stadium last night where the team was presented with the Premier League trophy.

    Despite pleas for supporters to stay away because of the risk of spreading coronavirus, thousands of supporters gathered in the streets, letting off flares and fireworks to celebrate the club's first top-flight title in 30 years.

    Merseyside Police said the 48-hour order was to prevent potential disorder. The city council tweeted a reminder to fans celebrating to "keep social distancing in mind and avoid crowds".


    Of course, it won't be reported widely that it was done after discussion with the council, although to their credit, Sky are reporting that.

  3. #3
    It's a shame that it's distracting from a great season and game. I wonder if they could have stood on the East Stand steps, or did they think the bus gave everyone a view without getting too close to each other?
    My son and I stayed away. If we hadn't had access to LUTV we may have thought differently.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,876
    Fans were always going to turn up just like they were at Liverpool..club did what they thought was right.

    Media and 'other' clubs plus arsole ex pro's having a pop at us..coming out of the woodwork in their droves..haters hurting my friends..haters hurting


    Dirty Leeds are back..and this is for ALL the haters out there...

    Name:  papergc,441x415,w,ffffff.2u2.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  14.6 KB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,876
    The Rev has waited 16 long years to 'let it all out'!!!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,598
    It was an open secret in Leeds on Tuesday - i was told about it by the guy who served me in the club shop in the city centre.

    I'm actually surprised and impressed at how many people DIDN'T go, and did the right thing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I agree it was inadvisable to have the bus there - a shame there is the negative aspect to this now.

    However it was done through the Safety Committee, so had an official sanction, and perhaps avoided this:

    "Police issued a dispersal order to clear Liverpool fans from outside their Anfield stadium last night where the team was presented with the Premier League trophy.

    Despite pleas for supporters to stay away because of the risk of spreading coronavirus, thousands of supporters gathered in the streets, letting off flares and fireworks to celebrate the club's first top-flight title in 30 years.

    Merseyside Police said the 48-hour order was to prevent potential disorder. The city council tweeted a reminder to fans celebrating to "keep social distancing in mind and avoid crowds".


    Of course, it won't be reported widely that it was done after discussion with the council, although to their credit, Sky are reporting that.
    Personally, I would consider thousands of Scousers contracting COVID-19 to be a reasonable outcome. Apart from it would give them another 30 years of sponsored 'grief whoring'.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,976
    It's a no for me. Shouldn't have done it in this COVID19 climate.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,398
    There won't be a rise in covid-19 cases. Let's just see in two weeks then we can ask why. But it'll be forgotten by then.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,965
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    There won't be a rise in covid-19 cases. Let's just see in two weeks then we can ask why. But it'll be forgotten by then.
    And that goes for all the places where there have been celebrations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •