Thread: Deid - legendary guitarist edition

Deid - legendary guitarist edition

Peter Green, original Fleetwood Mac guitarist. Won many a bet with folk arguing that Black Magic Woman was a Santana tune. Formidable guitarist, played Man of the World so much on the Lampie juke box must have worn it out. RIP min.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonDandy View Post
    Peter Green, original Fleetwood Mac guitarist. Won many a bet with folk arguing that Black Magic Woman was a Santana tune. Formidable guitarist, played Man of the World so much on the Lampie juke box must have worn it out. RIP min.
    Dreadful news. Head ****ed by German acid slipped into his drink, the legend says, and Fleetwood Mac, despite the efforts of the rhythm section, Kirwan and Jeremy, he was lost to us. We used to cover the Mac’s version of Little Willie John’s Need Your Love So Bad, Black Magic Woman, Oh Well (Part 1), The Green Manalishi, Man Of The World, and Albert Ross (an in-band gag) when I played with the Classics from 04-09. Songs we never tired of playing, and which were always requested by our select band of followers of Hajduk’s vintage.

When Chuck Berry died, I said that that was as big as John Lennon’s death. So is this.

Rhino Records box set of later period Proper Mannies’ Mac due out in Sept/Oct.

��

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Dreadful news. Head ****ed by German acid slipped into his drink, the legend says, and Fleetwood Mac, despite the efforts of the rhythm section, Kirwan and Jeremy, he was lost to us. We used to cover the Mac’s version of Little Willie John’s Need Your Love So Bad, Black Magic Woman, Oh Well (Part 1), The Green Manalishi, Man Of The World, and Albert Ross (an in-band gag) when I played with the Classics from 04-09. Songs we never tired of playing, and which were always requested by our select band of followers of Hajduk’s vintage.

When Chuck Berry died, I said that that was as big as John Lennon’s death. So is this.

Rhino Records box set of later period Proper Mannies’ Mac due out in Sept/Oct.

��
    There aren’t many of “Hajduk’s” vintage left but those who remain extant will shed a tear today. Although, sadly, we lost ‘Peter Green’ a long time ago
    One of the greats.
    Last edited by hajduk; 26-07-2020 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Tautology