Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 95

Thread: Our Squad

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,424
    The two young full backs at Norwich are rated well by many in the media, Max Aarons (20) would be good competition for Ayling on the right, who himself can cover at CB. Jamal Lewis (22) we need another Left full. Bout time we reversed the flow of players between the 2 clubs.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,988
    Ben White's instagram post suggests he is not coming back to Leeds. So we definitely need to look for replacement.

  3. #13
    would hate to see Ayling covering at CB in the Prem, that worries me.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    would hate to see Ayling covering at CB in the Prem, that worries me.
    That would be bad. He doesnt play the position well. Even at right back he has been caught out of position, especially on crosses from the opponents right wing. He does mark and tackle well and he does go forward well. But in the centre of defence, no.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,424
    Well with the short turnaround, I'd guess he will be at least a back up CB till any new signings are up to speed, funny his ratings are highest at CB he also plays in a three at back, not always the greatest defender but reality is he will likely start early season at least. Also he had the highest rating of all our players and made the Championship IX, I think he's OK.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Well with the short turnaround, I'd guess he will be at least a back up CB till any new signings are up to speed, funny his ratings are highest at CB he also plays in a three at back, not always the greatest defender but reality is he will likely start early season at least. Also he had the highest rating of all our players and made the Championship IX, I think he's OK.
    XI

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    That would be bad. He doesnt play the position well. Even at right back he has been caught out of position, especially on crosses from the opponents right wing. He does mark and tackle well and he does go forward well. But in the centre of defence, no.
    We need to be stronger in defence and if White leaves we will be very vulnerable in the centre, you're right. I would say we need two more CB.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    We need to be stronger in defence and if White leaves we will be very vulnerable in the centre, you're right. I would say we need two more CB.
    So jez, you dont rate Struijk and Ollie Casey as centre backs? Haven't been able to study their play on account they haven't played much in the 1st team.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    So jez, you dont rate Struijk and Ollie Casey as centre backs? Haven't been able to study their play on account they haven't played much in the 1st team.
    I'm struggling with that option a bit Cherry. And certainly not saying they won't be good enough in the future. But the thought of them only being bench players in the Championship, and then expected to step straight into the Premier League positions??? If that is the club's expectation at this stage, then as much as you wouldn't want them playing against us, they probably should have been out on loan at another Championship club.......so they did get more experience at that level at minimum.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    I'm struggling with that option a bit Cherry. And certainly not saying they won't be good enough in the future. But the thought of them only being bench players in the Championship, and then expected to step straight into the Premier League positions??? If that is the club's expectation at this stage, then as much as you wouldn't want them playing against us, they probably should have been out on loan at another Championship club.......so they did get more experience at that level at minimum.
    Agree with that Oz - Strujk looks like he could be excellent in future, but the Premier League is very unforgiving of anything less than a solid defence - my fear is that the all out attack method of defending (TM M which has worked in the champ will be picked apart in the prem by better players - as Arsenal did in the second half in January.

    We need the insurance of a very strong defence behind our great attacking play - we were always so vulnerable in this league to being 'done' on the break, and young lads in the first year of their first team career won't cut it as first choice players imo.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •