Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: OT - Is it only me.......

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,449

    OT - Is it only me.......

    .... that finds Country & Western singers all have irritating whiny voices.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    .... that finds Country & Western singers all have irritating whiny voices.
    Swale's going to go bat**** crazy about this one, we'll get a lecture about how, despite the fact he's made a shed load of money off Country, once we get the CD's home we'll find they are s****

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Swale's going to go bat**** crazy about this one, we'll get a lecture about how, despite the fact he's made a shed load of money off Country, once we get the CD's home we'll find they are s****

    **** me thats a random dig? Since when I ahve mentioned Country music? There are elements of american folk, bluegrass and such that i do like and I have to admit having experienced a grass roots country band in a small town american bar, I enjoyed it, it kinda fitted in with the environment, though maybe I shouldn't have mentioned my left wing leanings to the well built gentleman at the bar! Luckily they were amused rather than aggressive. The likes of Johnny Cash can't be ignored either.

    But generally country and western is IMO ****e!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,306
    Plus I do understand that you don't get irony or context. But the ONLY reason I mention that I earned a **** load of money from Brexit, is to illustrate to the dumb supporters of Brexit, that I didn't oppose it because I didn't benefit, that the benefits are going to go that well educated elite they think their sticking it to and that actually it is possible to be opposed to a proposition, even though that proposition isn't necessarily negative towards ones personal position. Its called taking a broader perspective, rather than judging something from a narrow personal view point!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,207
    Can't see you getting many gigs in Nashville Amster

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Plus I do understand that you don't get irony or context. But the ONLY reason I mention that I earned a **** load of money from Brexit, is to illustrate to the dumb supporters of Brexit, that I didn't oppose it because I didn't benefit, that the benefits are going to go that well educated elite they think their sticking it to and that actually it is possible to be opposed to a proposition, even though that proposition isn't necessarily negative towards ones personal position. Its called taking a broader perspective, rather than judging something from a narrow personal view point!!
    I was only joshing Swale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I was only joshing Swale
    I realise that thought I'd expand a bit.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Can't see you getting many gigs in Nashville Amster
    Over the past 18 months I have increased the spread of music in my vinyl collection in order to appeal to a wider audience and, hopefully, get more gigs. Some rock, pop, and two tone added to my collection. Covid has put paid to my plans thus far although I have done 2 radio spots this year, one of 45 minutes and one of 2 hours playing a variety of genres.

    Despite my recent investment, I think you may well be right about my Nashville chances.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Over the past 18 months I have increased the spread of music in my vinyl collection in order to appeal to a wider audience and, hopefully, get more gigs. Some rock, pop, and two tone added to my collection. Covid has put paid to my plans thus far although I have done 2 radio spots this year, one of 45 minutes and one of 2 hours playing a variety of genres.

    Despite my recent investment, I think you may well be right about my Nashville chances.
    I’m going to check out that link you sent some time today

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,187
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Over the past 18 months I have increased the spread of music in my vinyl collection in order to appeal to a wider audience and, hopefully, get more gigs. Some rock, pop, and two tone added to my collection. Covid has put paid to my plans thus far although I have done 2 radio spots this year, one of 45 minutes and one of 2 hours playing a variety of genres.

    Despite my recent investment, I think you may well be right about my Nashville chances.
    MA I think you need a lot more rock how about more .
    Alternative Rock
    Hard Rock
    Industrial Rock
    Grunge
    Rap Rock
    Heavy Metal
    Indie Rock
    Celtic Rock
    Psychedelic Rock
    Glam Rock
    Punk Rock
    Progressive Rock
    Blues Rock
    That should keep the customers satisfied . Unless your doing T dances

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •