Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Newcastle Takeover Called Off !!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,999

    Talking Newcastle Takeover Called Off !!

    Wow, if they were banking on the £250 million pounds coming in from the Saudies , Surely relegation fodder for next season
    Reported they have pulled out...

    Poor Messi, and all the top players they were going to sign

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    10,359
    Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post

    Poor Messi, and all the top players they were going to sign
    Reminds me of the time Blackburn fans actually believed they were going to sign Ronaldinho.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,708
    Don't knock it because it will mean that all the protesters will continue to boycott matches and make it easier to get tickets if I decide that I want to go to a match.
    Meanwhile on the streets of Newcastle there will be much weeping and wailing about Ashley mainly because he comes from south of the Tyne and brought in some others of his ilk in order to steady the club many years ago when they were going down the pan.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    31,344
    At least my brother-in-law will be happy that towel heads with hardly any human rights isssues have failed to get hold of his Club.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,212
    Out of the frying pan into the fire.

    The Yanks are next!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34,823
    Poor old Newcastle.

  7. #7
    Yet we complain about the way our football club is run? Be careful what you wish for guys?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    10,359
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Yet we complain about the way our football club is run? Be careful what you wish for guys?
    They seem to be run very much like us BT, they lost a very good manager because he didn't get the money he wanted. Garlick wants to be careful what he wishes for.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Meanwhile on the streets of Newcastle there will be much weeping and wailing about Ashley mainly because he comes from south of the Tyne and brought in some others of his ilk in order to steady the club many years ago when they were going down the pan.
    What a load of bolloсks. Malcolm McDonald, Les Ferdinand and Rob Lee are 3 club legends from “south of the Tyne”. You’re clearly the type of ill-informed football ‘fan‘ that nods along enthusiastically when so called pundits like Richard Keys and Paul Merson talk drivel without any clue about what they’re talking about. Educate yourself, you must be better than that...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,708
    Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    What a load of bolloсks. Malcolm McDonald, Les Ferdinand and Rob Lee are 3 club legends from “south of the Tyne”. You’re clearly the type of ill-informed football ‘fan‘ that nods along enthusiastically when so called pundits like Richard Keys and Paul Merson talk drivel without any clue about what they’re talking about. Educate yourself, you must be better than that...
    I speak as I find. I married a lass from up here in 1966, have lived in Ashington since 1988, have been well involved running lots of local football, do lots of voluntary charity work in aid of ex-servicemen and I am halfway to being accepted.

    I do not listen to pundits because they talk crap, however, I do listen to what the local football fans say and if you think that they ever accepted Ashley then it is you who needs the education. You know fine well that he has never been accepted by lots of fans, for whatever reason. However,
    I do know how parochial people are in this area, even one of the football teams I ran used to moan if they had to travel from Ashington to North Shields because "it is a long way" ---I am not talking about kids, I am talking about adults, some of whom were miners.

    As far as Paul Merson is concerned, I knew him when he was playing junior football and he was an arsehole then so I would be really interested in what he says. As far as McDonald, Ferdinand and Rob Lee are concerned --yes they are club legends and deservedly so, however, I was not talking about them, I was talking about the attitude of many fans towards Mike Ashley and where it came from. I seem to remember that Dennis Wise was extremely popular amongst thesee same fans who do not show bias.
    Last edited by Supersub6; 31-07-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •