One of my pet hates are people promoted above their ability or in a position by default that they’re not capable of managing.

Some might be surprised at the level of ineptitude in my industry for example.

The number of people who are supposed to be Sales Directors and Sales Managers who are actually more like “Sales Prevention People” is staggering.

Today I took my four year old BMW in for a service and reminded them that the fuel sensor needed replacing that enables the fuel cap to be opened from inside or by pressing on the cap,it can only be released using the emergency cord hidden away in the boot!

It had failed before my last service but last time I was told I needed to have an almost empty tank of fuel and to turn up for my next service light on fuel,

Today I was told that because I was out of warranty I’d have to pay £108 for starters for it to go on the diagnostic machine yet it had been diagnosed last year.

I was told it was my fault because I could’ve .......”come back at any time” in the last few months to get it done!

This was said to me by the plummy voiced university grad who served me without a shred of irony.

I pointed out they’d been shut during March,April and May when the warranty had run out but apparently this didn’t count.

F u c k i n g inept stupidity and lack of customer appreciation.

She was incredulous when I said I’d continue opening my boot to release the catch.

They don’t get that I’ll win in the end because I’ll trade it in and they won’t know until they own it again but in the meantime they’ve p e e d off a very loyal customer just as I’d started thinking about changing my car.

You can’t teach stupid or indeed inept it seems.