+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 162 of 299 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    On a serious note...I suspect such certification will be unavoidable, although I also suspect there’ll be huge problems as far as counterfeit certificates are concerned. As regards MA and PP...that would be genuinely sad and raises real issues...i.e. many may be more sympathetic to those who avoid the vaccine for possible medical reasons than on religious/moral grounds.
    There's a huge problem with counterfeit money, but that doesn't mean we scrap money.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    what would the moral grounds be? Are you using the right word? Strikes me as immoral and I'll include 'on the grounds of religion' in that
    I suspect that those such as Jehovah’s Witnesses might object on the grounds that vaccines are in conflict with their view of morality, or possibly vegans because of some alleged ingredient, the use of which is contrary to their particular moral compass. Sorry, not entirely sure what your second sentence means.

GP...I don’t think I’d mentioned ‘scrapping’ anything...but if such ‘certificates’ are to achieve their purpose than, sadly, the counterfeiting issue has to be dealt with.

Are you sure you weren’t in the ‘History Boys’...he didn’t take you to the library on the back of his motorbike did he?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-03-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    "Grooming"?
    LOL, curiously said master was suspected of that but with the 6th form girls, not boys. But that's another story

I suspect that those such as Jehovah’s Witnesses might object on the grounds that vaccines are in conflict with their view of morality, or possibly vegans because of some alleged ingredient, the use of which is contrary to their particular moral compass. Sorry, not entirely sure what your second sentence means.
    That's fine, they don't have to travel across borders if they prefer not to. Their choice.

Could be a problem for the Amish too, but I don't suppose their horse and carts cross many borders. For sure they can't go on planes anyway - even a Comet would be too modern new fangled stuff

GP...I don’t think I’d mentioned ‘scrapping’ anything...but if such ‘certificates’ are to achieve their purpose than, sadly, the counterfeiting issue has to be dealt with.

Are you sure you weren’t in the ‘History Boys’...he didn’t take you to the library on the back of his motorbike did he?
    You've got me thinking now, but I didn't get to know Alan Bennett till later life. I think it was a clapped out estate car of some sort, but I didn't understand cars back then either

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    You've got me thinking now, but I didn't get to know Alan Bennett till later life. I think it was a clapped out estate car of some sort, but I didn't understand cars back then either
    You still don’t...and you ride a motorbike. Hmmmm...formative influences...turquoise ink...and why would you need ‘taking’ to the library at the age of 18? It all begins to make sense.

Anyway, if you haven’t watched The History Boys I wholeheartedly recommend it...great film, even better on stage should those days ever return.

I was 17 and the library was 20 odd miles away....

Rural Cotswold bus services in the 70s were not the best, especially given the two mile walk to the bus stop and the two changes of bus required!

5000 words! Like I said...an essay.
    Thats an in depth dissertation covering several hundred years rA, shame someone's elses education didn't involve establishing what the facts really are before dissing what other people say!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Just flash your "international vaccination certificate" and job done. Could spell the end of MA's visits to Pride Park?

I suspect it will only be a temporary rule (2 years?) if they do impose it, as by then your annual covid jab will be as regular as your average flu one.
    On the first point, that would be a sad thing as it would also mean no more visits with friends and family in the UK and that I have drunk my last pint of draught Pedigree.

On the 2nd point, I already decline the flu jab due to adverse effects in the past.

Page 162 of 299 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)