+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 249 of 299 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Not sure in amongst all this titting and tatting if anyone has looked at all this a different way.

We are now almost in our third year of Covid, me and my closest have taken HMG advice pretty closely plus exercised our own controls if we thought they were needed, watched/listened to all daily briefings and discussed/acted on their explicit and implicit message immediately afterwards, and we've all dodged the bullet so far.

Going back to the original question, I HAVE to answer that for me and mine HMG have handled Covid pretty well for me, as a partnership if you will

No arguing that they are immoral/incompetent/nepotistic
    I mean, I just don't get that point of view. Surely a few toffs enjoying cheese and wine is far more a measure of handling an unprecedented global disaster than that of avoiding serious illness having followed the guidance given and taken the medical treatment offered by the government?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I mean, I just don't get that point of view. Surely a few toffs enjoying cheese and wine is far more a measure of handling an unprecedented global disaster than that of avoiding serious illness having followed the guidance given and taken the medical treatment offered by the government?
    LOL...Incoming bombardment imminent!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    LOL...Incoming bombardment imminent!
    Can two or three posters deliver a ‘bombardment’? Just puzzled that Ramshank seemingly chooses to ignore the Marie Antoinette approach to politics of the PM and his staff, while being apparently unaware of the 15,000,000 Covid cases, the 151,000 deaths and where that places the UK in the international ‘league tables’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Can two or three posters deliver a ‘bombardment’? Just puzzled that Ramshank seemingly chooses to ignore the Marie Antoinette approach to politics of the PM and his staff, while being apparently unaware of the 15,000,000 Covid cases, the 151,000 deaths and where that places the UK in the international ‘league tables’.
    I think the issue is one of perspective rA. The antics of one arsehole PM and his hypocrisy is one tiny little drop in the ocean of the whole question of handling COVID. It seems therefore desperate to keep harping on about what, ultimately, is an irrelevance in the bigger picture.

Mistakes have no doubt been made, and successes have been notched up in the "battle against the unknown enemy", but those successes and failures do dwarf the cheese and wine party into insignificance.

I think the issue is one of perspective rA. The antics of one arsehole PM and his hypocrisy is one tiny little drop in the ocean of the whole question of handling COVID. It seems therefore desperate to keep harping on about what, ultimately, is an irrelevance in the bigger picture.

Mistakes have no doubt been made, and successes have been notched up in the "battle against the unknown enemy", but those successes and failures do dwarf the cheese and wine party into insignificance.
    I’m sure it is, GP...but it is also a matter of fact.
    My perspective is that the behaviour indulged in by the PM and others, and not just at cheese and wine parties, is symptomatic of a regime that happily indulges in a philosophy on one rule for them and another for us.
    The facts are that our Covid death and case figures are the worst in Europe and amongst the worst in the World.
    I’ve acknowledged elsewhere that this Government has done some things well and agreed with Tricky on an overall 5/10 score but I struggle to understand how you of all people would accept that as being particularly laudable.

I’m sure it is, GP...but it is also a matter of fact.
    My perspective is that the behaviour indulged in by the PM and others, and not just at cheese and wine parties, is symptomatic of a regime that happily indulges in a philosophy on one rule for them and another for us.
    The facts are that our Covid death and case figures are the worst in Europe and amongst the worst in the World.
    I’ve acknowledged elsewhere that this Government has done some things well and agreed with Tricky on an overall 5/10 score but I struggle to understand how you of all people would accept that as being particularly laudable.
    I don't think they do RA.

But most folks accept that the politicians of today, are dodgy at best.
    They have ALL done something that warrents outrage.
    You focus on the Tories, as theya re in power.
    But were they not, would you be as outraged, with the rest of them?
    The papers are full of Starmers drinky poos, with his team in retaliation. He's claiming (wait for it) it was a works meeting,

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I don't think they do RA.

But most folks accept that the politicians of today, are dodgy at best.
    They have ALL done something that warrents outrage.
    You focus on the Tories, as theya re in power.
    But were they not, would you be as outraged, with the rest of them?
    The papers are full of Starmers drinky poos, with his team in retaliation. He's claiming (wait for it) it was a works meeting,
    You don’t ‘think they do’ what?

Of course I’ve focused on the Tories because they’re in power...that’s what the thread is about.

Yes, if other individuals had been breaking the rules and holding parties throughout lockdown I’d criticise them but, from what I’ve seen of this picture of Starmer, you do seem to be clutching at straws.
    Would it have been alright if he’d been drinking a cup of tea rather than a glass of beer?

You don’t ‘think they do’ what?

Of course I’ve focused on the Tories because they’re in power...that’s what the thread is about.

Yes, if other individuals had been breaking the rules and holding parties throughout lockdown I’d criticise them but, from what I’ve seen of this picture of Starmer, you do seem to be clutching at straws.
    Would it have been alright if he’d been drinking a cup of tea rather than a glass of beer?
    No it wouldn't. Clutching at straws or not. Was him and his crew in breech?
    Yes they were. Like I said, let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

The list goes on and on.
    I'm amazed that they all don't get called out for it. They keep awarding themselves huge rises over inflation, with expenses equal to the GDP of a small nation.
    PARLIAMENT- is the office of the country.
    You expect better

And there you have it! A familiar theme when the Johnson supporters, Tory voters and Leave voters haven't got an answer to the proof staring them in the face that Johnson was never a fit person to be the UK's leader, that Brexit could never deliver what was promised and that the Tory party are now essentially a party that no longer even cares about middle income people. but is beholden completely to the rich elites and their interests!

Even if what you say was true, that a few parties held that were a clear contravention of the laws put in place by the people who attended these parties is insignificant, to then gloss over the following issues, suggests wilful blindness on yours and AF's part. But then thats par for the course, spout a lot of nonsense and ignore the proof that what you have said is nonsense.

The moral compass and sentience of anyone who in any way seeks to support Johnson is very suspect. or maybe they are just very dim?

Johnson not attending 5 consecutive COBRA meetings on Covid, when it was gaining a hold in Italy and Europe
    Johnson going round hospitals shaking hands and brushing off Covid's likely impact in the fortnight before locking the country down
    Johnson failing to act quickly enough on lockdowns on numerous occasions because he hoped he wouldn't have to despite the evidence from elsewhere.
    The failure of the government to provide effective ventilation in schools over 2 years after the start of the pandemic
    The illegal and corrupt way contracts for PP were dished out to relatives and fellow Tory party members and friends.
    Employing Dido Harding!
    The failure of test and trace and the £37 billion wasted.
    Not sacking Cummings after his lockdown breaking trip and lies.
    The innumerable times Johnson has lied in parliament, to the media, to the public.

I could go on - but there is a whole series of cock ups and poor decision making that has both cost lives and ****ed the economy. The sign of a good leader is when he is managing a situation which he has no experience of.

The sign of stupidity is doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome time after time, millions of UK voters will show how stupid they are by voting Tory in the next election.
    Last edited by swaledale; 16-01-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Starmer. Was at the office a couple of days before an election (he said on Sunday Morning, this morning on the BBC). They'd been working all day, a take away arrived, they ate it and went back to work. Glass of wine with dinner isn't a party, is it?
    Last edited by MadAmster; 16-01-2022 at 12:11 PM.

Page 249 of 299 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)