Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Double standards

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,128

    Double standards

    So...no-one will need to tell Sean Longstaff that he didn't play particularly well last night but Bruce is in the papers saying he'll be disappointed with his performance and saying he's got a lot of work to do.

    Crikey, I thought, after reading that, Joelinton is really going to get it in the neck...

    ...but, no...no mention of him having to pull his finger out or that he played sh.it.

    Or, does our affable, softly-spoken, Mr Niceguy only throw players he doesn't get on with under the bus (I don't think it's any great secret what both Longstaffs think of Bruce)?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    (I don't think it's any great secret what both Longstaffs think of Bruce)?
    A Cabbage Patch doll with Mumps.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    So...no-one will need to tell Sean Longstaff that he didn't play particularly well last night but Bruce is in the papers saying he'll be disappointed with his performance and saying he's got a lot of work to do.

    Crikey, I thought, after reading that, Joelinton is really going to get it in the neck...

    ...but, no...no mention of him having to pull his finger out or that he played sh.it.

    Or, does our affable, softly-spoken, Mr Niceguy only throw players he doesn't get on with under the bus (I don't think it's any great secret what both Longstaffs think of Bruce)?
    All this may well be true but Joelinton was the last to return to training after going home to Brazil,Bruce has mentioned this and said he was well off the pace.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    436
    There’s a few players from the youth system over the relatively recent history who have been engineered out of the club too early - Steve Watson and Aaron Hughes spring to mind and maybe even Lee Clarke & Robbie Elliot to a lesser extent. For some reason, the various regimes since the early 90’s don’t seem to value them.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    There’s a few players from the youth system over the relatively recent history who have been engineered out of the club too early - Steve Watson and Aaron Hughes spring to mind and maybe even Lee Clarke & Robbie Elliot to a lesser extent. For some reason, the various regimes since the early 90’s don’t seem to value them.
    You can add Gaza, Waddle, Foster, Tavernier to that list and Beardsley to some extent

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,788
    Aye, that did occur to me Zip.

    Can't help but feel if Bruce stays any sort of long term both brothers will be leaving.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Aye, that did occur to me Zip.

    Can't help but feel if Bruce stays any sort of long term both brothers will be leaving.
    Amswer to that. Boot out Bruce and keep the lads.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,128
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    All this may well be true but Joelinton was the last to return to training after going home to Brazil,Bruce has mentioned this and said he was well off the pace.
    So he's even making excuses for him.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    So he's even making excuses for him.
    Exactly.

    I have no idea what Bruce's problem with the Longstaffs is. It would be nice with a manager who knew how to inspire the young players instead of demotivating them.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,128
    Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Exactly.

    I have no idea what Bruce's problem with the Longstaffs is. It would be nice with a manager who knew how to inspire the young players instead of demotivating them.
    Or how to coach them so they improve and fulfil their potential.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •