+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Highland League 20-21

Is there a social club at Sevcove's new grun?

It was the social club in Cove that propelled their initial rise from the amatuer ranks.

I'm guessing that shut with Allan Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m off to the Balmoral Stadium on Saturday. It’s a new one for me, is it easy enough to get from the city centre & are there any pubs near it?
    It's about 3 miles from the city centre and as others have said not a great choice of pubs nearby. Probably the easiest thing is just to stay in town and drink in a pub there and then jump in a taxi to the stadium, which should only take 10 minutes or so. If for any reason you are struggling for a taxi the number 3/3A bus runs from Market Street (the street between the train station and the harbour) up Wellington Road and get off opposite the aforementioned Wellington Hotel and about a 5 minute walk from there to the stadium (same in reverse to get back to the train station).

Alternatively if you can't stand the thought of cove huns celebrating winning the league I do believe there is another game on in town that day....

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

It was the social club in Cove that propelled their initial rise from the amatuer ranks.

Yes, when they became moaning, entitled squatting tenants of various grounds around the area, before Immoral Park was built. Waankers

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

Yes there is a social club at Balmoral Stadium and its very good. It can cater for at least 200 people on matchdays.

Proper Aberdeen fans though should be at Pittodrie on Saturday and not attending Cove v Dumbarton although I get why Mason89 would want to see Dumbarton play there.

It was arranged months ago. I’m not saying this to be @rsey but we go to a Sons away match once a season, in memory of a friend of ours. Happy to suspend my proper Aberdeen fan status for the day. Sheep sh@gging b’stards that you are

Banks o’ Dee automatically promoted to the Highland League as Fort William withdraw from the play-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    It's about 3 miles from the city centre and as others have said not a great choice of pubs nearby. Probably the easiest thing is just to stay in town and drink in a pub there and then jump in a taxi to the stadium, which should only take 10 minutes or so. If for any reason you are struggling for a taxi the number 3/3A bus runs from Market Street (the street between the train station and the harbour) up Wellington Road and get off opposite the aforementioned Wellington Hotel and about a 5 minute walk from there to the stadium (same in reverse to get back to the train station).

Alternatively if you can't stand the thought of cove huns celebrating winning the league I do believe there is another game on in town that day....
    Or the old Skean Dhu* Altens hotel right on the roundabout (maybe now called The Coast & Keg). You could do both Wellington Hotel, Skean Dhu and then walk to Balmoral Stadium. All within 1/2 mile of each other.

*It was called that when I had my wedding reception there in 1990 so I am sticking to that name.

Is the Snooty Fox still open?? Another in walking distance if it is

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Banks o’ Dee automatically promoted to the Highland League as Fort William withdraw from the play-off.
    Wow.

I'm confident Dee would've beaten the Fort pretty comfortably.

The "Highland League", however, is looking more and more like a misnomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Is the Snooty Fox still open?? Another in walking distance if it is
    Still open. Now called The Langdykes. A bit of a trek though.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast