+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid in the Ribble Valley

Covid in the Ribble Valley

None of our neighbours, friends or family has had it, Mrs S is in two different Line Dancing groups and an Art group, none of them have had it, I'm a regular in a couple of cafes in Clitheroe, the same people are still in their regular spots, none of them has had it, six months in and still neither of us know anyone who has had it. Yesterday our plumber called round to fit new taps in the kitchen and bathroom, he lives in Clitheroe, his work is mainly in the Ribble Valley, I asked him if he knew anyone who had had it, he didn't.

Just saying like.

A comment nicked from a reader in the Guardian this morning, which was eviscerating Blow Job...

"He had a real opportunity to seize the opportunity to be a statesman, but decided to be a dishonest bad tempered little sh-it weasel instead".

We have a Tory led Council here in Bolton since the fall of the "Red Wall". The leader came out this morning and reminded Blow Job the Coronavirus is not nocturnal and can we please have our pubs and restaurants back?

BT: I suspect the PC brigade has had some secret effect on you 'REDS'? But that's what Britain is, and it must change ,it must change. Never ,do you hear me ,come out against your 'nutcase enemy' with '' can we please have our?'' No, no ! so nudge your mate ,next time you see him and tell him to say ''WE WANT OUR PHOUUCKIN pubs and restaurants back'' (and its not a question =? ....Its a phoouukin demand !!!!) ............Just saying like. Its coming winter get your wellies out and fake fur coat.Then a nice present for the child bride.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    None of our neighbours, friends or family has had it, Mrs S is in two different Line Dancing groups and an Art group, none of them have had it, I'm a regular in a couple of cafes in Clitheroe, the same people are still in their regular spots, none of them has had it, six months in and still neither of us know anyone who has had it. Yesterday our plumber called round to fit new taps in the kitchen and bathroom, he lives in Clitheroe, his work is mainly in the Ribble Valley, I asked him if he knew anyone who had had it, he didn't.

Just saying like.
    sinkov --- come on, admit it, nobody has had it because nobody has been tested. These knowledgeable scientists are going round saying that we all could have it but, unless it is full blown, you may not know because you have no symptoms and have not been tested. We could all be walking round affecting everyone else but we don't know!! I think that that is what they are trying to brainwash into our thinking ------I will always be a failure in these things, I never follow the crowd. I am an individual!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov --- come on, admit it, nobody has had it because nobody has been tested. These knowledgeable scientists are going round saying that we all could have it but, unless it is full blown, you may not know because you have no symptoms and have not been tested. We could all be walking round affecting everyone else but we don't know!! I think that that is what they are trying to brainwash into our thinking ------I will always be a failure in these things, I never follow the crowd. I am an individual!! lol
    According to the WHO, if you have the virus but don't know it, ie asymptomatic, you're not much danger to anyone else. " Current evidence suggests that most transmission occurs from symptomatic people through close contact with others."

So it doesn't really matter whether you have it but don't know it, most human beings will be/are carrying all sorts of things they don't know about. If you don't have symptoms and you're not ill, then you're not a case, although our lying politicians and lying NHS experts class anyone as testing positive as being a case, it all helps to create their desired climate of fear.

On the governments own recent figures there were just 23 out of 100,000 positive tests in the Ribble Valley, which means just 4 in Clitheroe, and as it's quite possible none of them are ill and unaware they're carrying the virus (so not really a case), it's no wonder we don't know anyone with it. It's because in the Ribble Valley there is virtually no one with it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)