Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Disgrace

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,690

    Disgrace

    This is why we never got the takeover and still most of you are happy to be in this corrupt league. Cùnts the lot of them.

    Manchester United and Liverpool are the driving force behind the biggest changes to English football in a generation and an extraordinary overhaul of the Premier League, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

    The two clubs have worked together on a radical set of proposals – called “Project Big Picture” - that will reshape the finances of the game. The Premier League, the most lucrative sports league in the world, would see a reduction to 18 teams, and controlling power in the hands of the biggest clubs.

    In return for tearing up many of the rules that have governed the game since the Premier League’s inception in 1992 there will be £250 million rescue package to the Football League to see them through the Covid crisis.

    The Daily Telegraph can reveal the details of the working document “Re*****isation” authored by Liverpool’s American ownership Fenway Sports Group with support from United. It anticipates the backing of the other members of the so-called big six, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.

    In a remarkable set of proposals, which will send shockwaves through the game, 25 per cent of the Premier League’s annual revenue will go to the EFL clubs with £250 million paid up front to see them through the current crisis. There would also be a gift of £100 million to sustain the Football Association.

    However, there would be an abolition of the one-club, one-vote principle that has sustained the Premier League since its inception as well as the abolition of the threshold of 14 votes to pass any decision or regulation change.
    Under the new proposals, the League Cup and the Community Shield would be abolished. There have been additional discussions that the League Cup would survive but without the participation of the clubs in Europe.

    There would be two automatic promotion places for Championship clubs, but the third, fourth and fifth placed clubs would be in a play-off tournament with the 16th placed Premier League club.

    The nine clubs who have been in the Premier League for the longest - which includes the big six - would dictate its running in every aspect and would be free to play more games in the expanded Champions League that is anticipated from the 2024-2025 season onwards.

    As well as the Premier League dropping from 20 clubs to 18, there would be 24 in each of the Championship, League One and League Two making a total of 90.

    The plan is supported by the EFL chairman Rick Parry who has held talks with Liverpool’s principal owner, the American investor John W Henry, and shareholder and director Mike Gordon. In addition, Parry has spoken to the Glazer family, who own United.

    The talks began in 2017 but have been accelerated since the coronavirus pandemic has thrust football into the grip of crisis with no fans in stadiums until March at the earliest. Liverpool and United are prepared for a fierce debate over their proposals but they want them implemented as soon as possible.

    The Re*****isation document calls for immediate action to cut dramatically what it calls the “revenue chasm” in earnings from television contracts between the Premier League and the EFL. In order to discourage Championship clubs from gambling recklessly on promotion, the parachute payments system would be abolished in favour of the 25 per cent share of Premier League revenue being shared more equitably among EFL clubs.

    Under proposals for the new model of distribution of television revenue in the Premier League, Fenway, the driving force behind the document, insist there would be no greater share for the top six. Their stated aim is to eliminate the huge gap in earnings between Premier League and EFL clubs while in return having a greater control of the decisions made by the Premier League.

    The document says: “A reset of the economics and governance of the English football pyramid is long overdue”.

    The proposals also rewrite the Premier League’s 20-club democracy in favour of placing huge power in the hands of the nine clubs with the longest continual stay in the division. As things stand that is the big six, as well as Everton, Southampton and West Ham. Those nine clubs afforded “long-term shareholder status” would have unprecedented power, with the votes of just six of them required to make sweeping changes. These clubs would even be able to veto a new owner taking over a rival club.

    In an exclusive interview with The Daily Telegraph, Parry said that he had the support of many of his 72 members, many currently facing financial ruin, to go ahead with the plan. He said: “What do we do? Leave it exactly as it is and allow the smaller clubs to wither? Or do we do something about it? And you can’t do something about it without something changing. And the view of our clubs is if the [big] six get some benefits but the 72 also do, we are up for it.”

    He accepted there would be opposition from the Premier League clubs outside the big six who would see it as detrimental to their financial prospects with less money and two fewer places in the top flight.

    “It is definitely going to be challenging and it is an enormous change so that won’t be without some pain,” Parry said: “Do I genuinely think it’s for the greater good of the game as a whole? Absolutely. And if the [big] six are deriving some benefit then why shouldn’t they. Why wouldn’t they put their names to this otherwise?”

    The proposals include:

    £250 million immediately to the EFL to compensate its clubs for lost matchday revenue, deducted from future television revenue earnings and financed by a loan taken out by the Premier League
    Special status for the nine longest serving clubs – and the vote of only six of those “long-term shareholders” required to make major changes, including amending rules and regulations, agreeing contracts, removal of the chief executive, and a wide-ranging veto including on club ownership
    Premier League to go to 18 clubs from 20
    £100 million one-off gift to the FA to cover its coronavirus losses, the non-league game, the women’s game, the grassroots
    8.5 per cent of annual net Premier League revenue to go on operating costs and “good causes” including the FA
    From the remainder, 25 per cent of all combined Premier League and Football League revenues to go to the EFL clubs
    Six per cent of Premier League gross revenues to pay for stadium improvements across the top four divisions, calculated at £100 per seat
    New rules for the distribution of Premier League television income, overseas and domestic, including proposals that base one portion on performance over three years in the league
    The abolition of the League Cup and the Community Shield
    24 clubs each in the Championship, League One and League Two reducing the professional game overall from 92 clubs to 90
    A women's professional league independent of the Premier League or the FA
    Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted. The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship’s third, fourth and fifth placed teams.
    Financial fair play regulations in line with Uefa, and full access for Premier League executive to club accounts
    A fan charter including capping of away tickets at £20, away travel subsidised, a focus on a return to safe standing, a minimum away allocation of eight per cent capacity
    Later Premier League start in August to give greater scope for pre-season friendlies, and requirement for all clubs to compete once every five years in a summer Premier League tournament
    Huge changes to loan system allowing clubs to have 15 players out on loan domestically at any one time and up to four at a single club in England

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    This is why we never got the takeover and still most of you are happy to be in this corrupt league. Cùnts the lot of them.

    Manchester United and Liverpool are the driving force behind the biggest changes to English football in a generation and an extraordinary overhaul of the Premier League, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

    The two clubs have worked together on a radical set of proposals – called “Project Big Picture” - that will reshape the finances of the game. The Premier League, the most lucrative sports league in the world, would see a reduction to 18 teams, and controlling power in the hands of the biggest clubs.

    In return for tearing up many of the rules that have governed the game since the Premier League’s inception in 1992 there will be £250 million rescue package to the Football League to see them through the Covid crisis.

    The Daily Telegraph can reveal the details of the working document “Re*****isation” authored by Liverpool’s American ownership Fenway Sports Group with support from United. It anticipates the backing of the other members of the so-called big six, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.

    In a remarkable set of proposals, which will send shockwaves through the game, 25 per cent of the Premier League’s annual revenue will go to the EFL clubs with £250 million paid up front to see them through the current crisis. There would also be a gift of £100 million to sustain the Football Association.

    However, there would be an abolition of the one-club, one-vote principle that has sustained the Premier League since its inception as well as the abolition of the threshold of 14 votes to pass any decision or regulation change.
    Under the new proposals, the League Cup and the Community Shield would be abolished. There have been additional discussions that the League Cup would survive but without the participation of the clubs in Europe.

    There would be two automatic promotion places for Championship clubs, but the third, fourth and fifth placed clubs would be in a play-off tournament with the 16th placed Premier League club.

    The nine clubs who have been in the Premier League for the longest - which includes the big six - would dictate its running in every aspect and would be free to play more games in the expanded Champions League that is anticipated from the 2024-2025 season onwards.

    As well as the Premier League dropping from 20 clubs to 18, there would be 24 in each of the Championship, League One and League Two making a total of 90.

    The plan is supported by the EFL chairman Rick Parry who has held talks with Liverpool’s principal owner, the American investor John W Henry, and shareholder and director Mike Gordon. In addition, Parry has spoken to the Glazer family, who own United.

    The talks began in 2017 but have been accelerated since the coronavirus pandemic has thrust football into the grip of crisis with no fans in stadiums until March at the earliest. Liverpool and United are prepared for a fierce debate over their proposals but they want them implemented as soon as possible.

    The Re*****isation document calls for immediate action to cut dramatically what it calls the “revenue chasm” in earnings from television contracts between the Premier League and the EFL. In order to discourage Championship clubs from gambling recklessly on promotion, the parachute payments system would be abolished in favour of the 25 per cent share of Premier League revenue being shared more equitably among EFL clubs.

    Under proposals for the new model of distribution of television revenue in the Premier League, Fenway, the driving force behind the document, insist there would be no greater share for the top six. Their stated aim is to eliminate the huge gap in earnings between Premier League and EFL clubs while in return having a greater control of the decisions made by the Premier League.

    The document says: “A reset of the economics and governance of the English football pyramid is long overdue”.

    The proposals also rewrite the Premier League’s 20-club democracy in favour of placing huge power in the hands of the nine clubs with the longest continual stay in the division. As things stand that is the big six, as well as Everton, Southampton and West Ham. Those nine clubs afforded “long-term shareholder status” would have unprecedented power, with the votes of just six of them required to make sweeping changes. These clubs would even be able to veto a new owner taking over a rival club.

    In an exclusive interview with The Daily Telegraph, Parry said that he had the support of many of his 72 members, many currently facing financial ruin, to go ahead with the plan. He said: “What do we do? Leave it exactly as it is and allow the smaller clubs to wither? Or do we do something about it? And you can’t do something about it without something changing. And the view of our clubs is if the [big] six get some benefits but the 72 also do, we are up for it.”

    He accepted there would be opposition from the Premier League clubs outside the big six who would see it as detrimental to their financial prospects with less money and two fewer places in the top flight.

    “It is definitely going to be challenging and it is an enormous change so that won’t be without some pain,” Parry said: “Do I genuinely think it’s for the greater good of the game as a whole? Absolutely. And if the [big] six are deriving some benefit then why shouldn’t they. Why wouldn’t they put their names to this otherwise?”

    The proposals include:

    £250 million immediately to the EFL to compensate its clubs for lost matchday revenue, deducted from future television revenue earnings and financed by a loan taken out by the Premier League
    Special status for the nine longest serving clubs – and the vote of only six of those “long-term shareholders” required to make major changes, including amending rules and regulations, agreeing contracts, removal of the chief executive, and a wide-ranging veto including on club ownership
    Premier League to go to 18 clubs from 20
    £100 million one-off gift to the FA to cover its coronavirus losses, the non-league game, the women’s game, the grassroots
    8.5 per cent of annual net Premier League revenue to go on operating costs and “good causes” including the FA
    From the remainder, 25 per cent of all combined Premier League and Football League revenues to go to the EFL clubs
    Six per cent of Premier League gross revenues to pay for stadium improvements across the top four divisions, calculated at £100 per seat
    New rules for the distribution of Premier League television income, overseas and domestic, including proposals that base one portion on performance over three years in the league
    The abolition of the League Cup and the Community Shield
    24 clubs each in the Championship, League One and League Two reducing the professional game overall from 92 clubs to 90
    A women's professional league independent of the Premier League or the FA
    Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted. The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship’s third, fourth and fifth placed teams.
    Financial fair play regulations in line with Uefa, and full access for Premier League executive to club accounts
    A fan charter including capping of away tickets at £20, away travel subsidised, a focus on a return to safe standing, a minimum away allocation of eight per cent capacity
    Later Premier League start in August to give greater scope for pre-season friendlies, and requirement for all clubs to compete once every five years in a summer Premier League tournament
    Huge changes to loan system allowing clubs to have 15 players out on loan domestically at any one time and up to four at a single club in England
    i have just been reading about this! absolute bunch of corrupt w*nkers!
    I'd rather see the PL go under than see them get away with this. The greed is unbelieveble, i see the scousers and Manure lot are behind it again.

    Their giving of cash to the EFL will get this passed, a flat out attempt to maintain their spot at the top forever.

    These ****s are worse than Sepp Blatter


    they are bending over backwards for the USA owners, i bet the PL are being held to ransom over a European Super League if they dont play along.

    Thinking about these new rules though, they would get hammered in court if a club were not allowed to be taken over because the other clubs in the competition didnt like it.

    This will get messy in all honesty
    Last edited by TANYA_; 11-10-2020 at 12:20 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,241
    Aye...stuff that, on the face of it, makes you think 'aye, that's a good idea' masking the real reason for the changes'...pull up the drawbridge to protect the elite and keep the peasants out.

    As an aside, though, I don't think any of us are happy to be in this league-we support a club that just happen to be in the PL. I know the two positions seem unreconcilable but it's just where we are as a fanbase. Don't like it but can't lump it, if you see what I mean. (the team do enough lumping anyway)
    Last edited by Zippity; 11-10-2020 at 12:25 PM. Reason: lumpy fingers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,601
    the "giving the EFL 250m per season and the FA 100m" is a clear and obvoius play by the PL because they know full well that they need the money because of covid, in a nut shell the scousers and mancs will now have a EFL, F.A and the PL clubs applying pressure to get this done.

    As someone has already said, this is already in process and thats why we didnt get the takeover in the summer.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    As an aside, though, I don't think any of us are happy to be in this league-we support a club that just happen to be in the PL. I know the two positions seem unreconcilable but it's just where we are as a fanbase. Don't like it but can't lump it, if you see what I mean. (the team do enough lumping anyway)
    But whats the point, its a league where your not allowed to compete. Completely goes against the ethics of the game. Your actually making the rich richer and endorsing corruption by supporting any team outside the so called big 6. For the good of the game the rest of us have to stick together and make a stand otherwise there won't be clubs to support before long.
    We cant change who we support but we don't have to stand there and take it up the aŕse because we are forced to. Let them so called big 6 play each other every week and see where it gets them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,601
    the top 6 decide on all of the other leagues too. So if a club in the second division were to be taken over, they can say no!

    The top 6 should just **** off and create a european league, because they are systematically killing the game and im starting to not even give a crap about football anymore. I dont watch international football anymore because its shlte and littered with fannies like maguire and the rest of the overprivilaged tarts

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post

    The top 6 should just **** off and create a european league, because they are systematically killing the game
    The quicker the better for me. Sick to the stomach of it all now

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,601
    Rick Parry formerly exec of Liverpool is siding with the PL top 6 and pushing for this to go through.

    Will be the final nail in his coffin.

    Someone on twitter has said it will be funny when the PL top 6 make a c*nt of him, they reduce the PL to 18 teams and then say no relegations ever again, completely cuts the EFL off

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,690
    The way I interpret it all is you may as well not waste your time paying to watch your team(unless you support a top 6 team) play in an uncompetitive league (apart from top 6). You may as well just bank transfer your hard earned to a top 6 team of your choice.
    I hope Ashley exposes them all in his court action. The fat twàt better not back out now. It seems its not only our future he is playing with but the rest of English football.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    The way I interpret it all is you may as well not waste your time paying to watch your team(unless you support a top 6 team) play in an uncompetitive league (apart from top 6). You may as well just bank transfer your hard earned to a top 6 team of your choice.
    I hope Ashley exposes them all in his court action. The fat twàt better not back out now. It seems its not only our future he is playing with but the rest of English football.
    i dont think Ashley will back out, i really do think he will take them to the cleaners and expose whats behind all of this!

    if these new rules come into play, he will never be able to sell the club, thats why he wants rid. Take his 350m now while he can

    We will see that smug grin of his all over the papers when he wins. He will no doubt bring the english game to its knees if he uncovers corruption and interference from other clubs and owners.
    Ashley is all for self gain and that tatty shop. When he wins, he has already got deals lined up in Saudi etc
    Last edited by TANYA_; 11-10-2020 at 01:18 PM. Reason: cant spell for toffee

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •