Thread: Happy 80th birthday Pele

Happy 80th birthday Pele

The Worlds greatest Footballer.
    Was lucky to see him play at villa park for Santos, in the 3 day week with 3 floodlights
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2D_uVetdz4
    Last edited by soulman101; 23-10-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Yea, I was lucky enough to attend that game. Remember some thick tw8t of a Vile fan shouting '' Who needs F***ing Pele when we've got Andy Lockhead'' and he was not joking around either. He bloody meant it. They were tw*ts then as well as now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Yea, I was lucky enough to attend that game. Remember some thick tw8t of a Vile fan shouting '' Who needs F***ing Pele when we've got Andy Lockhead'' and he was not joking around either. He bloody meant it. They were tw*ts then as well as now.
    villa also had a young scotsman called jimmy brown ( i never use capitals when i mention villa) who tried kick Pele of the park.
    After one foul he put his hands up turned to all 4 stands, as if to say you have all come to see me and this pr@t is trying to cripple me.

Apparently 54,000 attended that was some crowd for a friendly, obviously all came to see Lockhead.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Apparently 54,000 attended that was some crowd for a friendly, obviously all came to see Lockhead.
    Lockheed, don’t you mean ‘richardhead’?

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    There must have been close on 70k ( all clubs used to put a lower figure, it was cash on the gate ) that night they closed the gates. there was fans from all clubs there.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    There must have been close on 70k ( all clubs used to put a lower figure, it was cash on the gate ) that night they closed the gates. there was fans from all clubs there.
    Yes, I remember it well. Privileged to have seen him. Pele that is