Thread: So called big six

So called big six

Yes they have dominated in the Prem but as far as football in England is concerned the Prem is a comparatively new division.

I was born in the 1940s and the only two teams not relegated in my lifetime are the Gooners and Everton.

When I first went to SJP Liverpool was in the old second division and I have seen Spurs,Man Utd and Chelsea relegated since,It's not long since Man City and Southampton were down in the third tier.

The attempted power grabbers ignored Villa winning the European Cup and Forest winning it twice.Their poor memory forgets Leicester and Blackburn winning the Prem as well.

Once they had got the top six running everything they would never be relegated and a competitive League would be lost forever.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Yes they have dominated in the Prem but as far as football in England is concerned the Prem is a comparatively new division.

I was born in the 1940s and the only two teams not relegated in my lifetime are the Gooners and Everton.

When I first went to SJP Liverpool was in the old second division and I have seen Spurs,Man Utd and Chelsea relegated since,It's not long since Man City and Southampton were down in the third tier.

The attempted power grabbers ignored Villa winning the European Cup and Forest winning it twice.Their poor memory forgets Leicester and Blackburn winning the Prem as well.

Once they had got the top six running everything they would never be relegated and a competitive League would be lost forever.
    History and tradition in English football is being thrown in the bin. The ranking of the big six these days is decided by one thing only: money.

What would happen if one of the big six managed to get themselves relegated? I know the F.A would change the rules to prevent that.

Let them go to a Euro super league, no return. Sure the other euro leagues would`nt object to an old fashioned europen cup and cup winners cup. I think a euro super league would wither on the vine after a year or two, prawn sandwiches and travel is expensive so not many away fans could afford any of it. F**k them all