Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Is our game plan sustainable

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,145

    Is our game plan sustainable

    I know I'll cop a lot for this but I believe in the long run our game plan in the premier league won't be good enough.
    I know it's good to watch but teams have quickly worked us out and they are scoring goals for fun against us.
    7 games in and we conceded 4 3 4 and I'm sure that won't be the last of it as more teams work us out. I'm a believer that defences win games and as such we are very poor.
    It's ok to go in with a game plan but you need to be able to change it if it isn't working and unfortunately MB has one plan and one plan only.
    We will have ups and downs but I fear we will have a lot more downs than ups.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,577
    Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    I know I'll cop a lot for this but I believe in the long run our game plan in the premier league won't be good enough.
    I know it's good to watch but teams have quickly worked us out and they are scoring goals for fun against us.
    7 games in and we conceded 4 3 4 and I'm sure that won't be the last of it as more teams work us out. I'm a believer that defences win games and as such we are very poor.
    It's ok to go in with a game plan but you need to be able to change it if it isn't working and unfortunately MB has one plan and one plan only.
    We will have ups and downs but I fear we will have a lot more downs than ups.
    Wrong Oz, attack wins games, defence stops us losing. We have have been naive in defending (Rodrigo defending when ony his first game for the team and conceding a penalty against Liverpool as a prime example). Need to make our defence watertight, as well as an attack with teeth.

  3. #3
    I want Bielsa as coach/manager and that is the way he plays so thatís how I want us to play. Itís a joy to watch and makes up for the years of dross.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I want Bielsa as coach/manager and that is the way he plays so that’s how I want us to play. It’s a joy to watch and makes up for the years of dross.
    So if we go down god forbid would you still be happy?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Wrong Oz, attack wins games, defence stops us losing. We have have been naive in defending (Rodrigo defending when ony his first game for the team and conceding a penalty against Liverpool as a prime example). Need to make our defence watertight, as well as an attack with teeth.
    No defences win games. Why do you think a lot of teams sit back and look for a chance? Wolves did Leicester did it? If a team cant score against you then the likelihood of winning increases. I know it was under 23s but a team 3 nil up how on earth do you lose? What are the players doing what are the coaches doing? Do they say after 1 goal it will be ok we 2 up than the 2 np we still in front 3 oh well let's get a point and than ohhhh s---t what happened? A team that can't defend that sort of a lead well they are defencelly fraud. So see that is why defence is a must in most sports.

  6. #6
    Think we will look much better with Llorente in the side and Phillips back.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    So if we go down god forbid would you still be happy?
    We are not going down - no point introducing project fear into football.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Think we will look much better with Llorente in the side and Phillips back.
    Totally and with Rodrigo back too

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    35
    Agree we need some players back but we need a couple more quality players I feel. Good investment this season but poor prior to this.
    We should have coughed up for White plus one more.
    Other than that we are doing well in so many ways and I think Bielsa is incredible.

  10. #10
    Like White but think Llorente and Koch are better. We invested in so much youth that when we stay up it should be ready for next season

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •