+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cocu sacked

Mark Morrison had it right, 'Return Of the Mac'

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Nice guy, unlucky manager, glad he’s gone but sad for him too. Not looking for an argument, but he really didn’t ‘inherit a team that had been one game from the Prem’, did he?
    I find it hard to disagree as we were 1 goal and penalties away....... Ah no, I forgot, then Frank Lampard did the dirty on us

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I find it hard to disagree as we were 1 goal and penalties away....... Ah no, I forgot, then Frank Lampard did the dirty on us
    Oh dear...another misrepresentation. I have never referred to Frank Lampard ‘doing the dirty’ on us, but because he left as and when he did he left us in a mess...imo.

My point is that Cocu didn’t inherit a side that was close to promotion...the four crucial players in that side were Tomari, Mount, Wilson and Keogh. The first three had gone long before Cocu took over and the fourth, also the captain, was finished at Derby after about a month of the season.

Most people always though it was a ‘rebuild’ season and it didn’t work out. Now put your wooden spoon away...again!

Oh dear...another misrepresentation. I have never referred to Frank Lampard ‘doing the dirty’ on us, but because he left as and when he did he left us in a mess...imo.

My point is that Cocu didn’t inherit a side that was close to promotion...the four crucial players in that side were Tomari, Mount, Wilson and Keogh. The first three had gone long before Cocu took over and the fourth, also the captain, was finished at Derby after about a month of the season.

Most people always though it was a ‘rebuild’ season and it didn’t work out. Now put your wooden spoon away...again!
    I'm not going to take sides on this but I stand by my opinion on Cocu, and will point out that For every Keogh there's a Davies - we lost our captain and joint defensive 'rock' at the start of the Lampard season, yet Lampard managed to replace him with the best defender I've seen here for many years. Two things stick out in that comparison, first OK Tomori was just a loanee but AT LEAST WE HAD HIM, Cocu just wasn't connected enough to be able to pull such stunts, and second Lampard stuck by Tomori when he looked a bit lost in his first couple of games (Leeds at home especially) and we watched him grow as a result, I suspect Cocu would have chopped him in and out all season. I'm not just blaming Cocu by the way and I'm glad his henchmen have gone too. I also think Lampard's season was actually a 'middling' one with some massive highlights, but we haven't even had that for a season and a half

I don't recall referencing you in that post, an assertion reinforced by the lack of any use of your name in it.

If you wish to perceive all of my comments as being about you, please don't hold me responsible for your narcissism

I don't recall referencing you in that post, an assertion reinforced by the lack of any use of your name in it.

If you wish to perceive all of my comments as being about you, please don't hold me responsible for your narcissism
    Well the Trump one was aimed directly at me and the Lampard one seems like a curious coincidence, but I’m sure everyone on here knows that your responses are always helpful and genuine and that you would never ever play the role of **** stirrer.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 14-11-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Well the Trump one was aimed directly at me and the Lampard one seems like a curious coincidence, but I’m sure everyone on here knows that your responses are always helpful and genuine and that you would never ever play the role of **** stirrer.
    Indeed the Trump one was and my response was very closely aligned with Andy's post, while being made independently and simultaneously. It was pertinent to the debate, so don't come the raw prawn with me

Indeed the Trump one was and my response was very closely aligned with Andy's post, while being made independently and simultaneously. It was pertinent to the debate, so don't come the raw prawn with me
    Now now, I thought we were entering a period of sweetness and light on this Forum? All I'll say is Cocu had the same opportunity to build a team as Lampard did but didn't manage it. His tactics were ****e and clearly the were average.

Now I do hope we don't bring Terry in, we need a manager with experience in this division who can make a bunch of average players work as a team.

Looking like Rooney or Terry but don't rule out Rafa Benitez!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Egyptianram View Post
    Looking like Rooney or Terry but don't rule out Rafa Benitez!!!
    Thought you were taking the wotsit, Egyptian...but it seems the odds on Rafa have been slashed from 25/1 to 4/1 overnight.
    Have to imagine that Benitez would only be interested in us if the takeover is a) a nailed on certainty and b) going to involve massive investment.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)