Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: O/T Where diesel locos go to die.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,618

    O/T Where diesel locos go to die.

    A bit quiet on here so I thought I would post these pics I took on a recent [Monday] drive down to Galveston. Came out of the town the back way by the docks and rail yards and stumbled on a couple of hundred abandoned diesel locos stored/abandoned by BNSF [Burlington Northern & Santa Fe]. Apparently they are no longer required and the railroad is looking to sell what it can and then scrap what's left. Interesting sight anyway.


    Name:  IMG_0155.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  54.8 KB


    Name:  IMG_0160.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  58.7 KB


    Name:  IMG_0162.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  34.2 KB


    Name:  IMG_0161.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  54.3 KB


    Name:  IMG_0164.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  29.9 KB


    Reached my limit! A couple more to come.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,618
    No idea why a couple came out sideways! Any way here are the rest.

    Name:  IMG_0187.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  34.5 KB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,618
    Not great pics, in fact the focus isn't good on a lot of them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,306
    I thought that they were good Woody. Thanks for posting them!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    I thought that they were good Woody. Thanks for posting them!
    Cheers mate, still trying to figure out why some of them are lying down though, they looked OK in my file folder.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,618
    Just a test.

    Name:  IMG_0192[2].jpg
Views: 47
Size:  45.1 KB

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,024
    woody
    right click on your saved pic , and open with " paint ".
    look at the options on the top left of your opened picture and select " rotate ".
    mess about with it until you have the desired outcome then save.
    if you don't save the altered pic it will revert back to the original




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,845
    When I was truck driving I took a load for storage at a disused airfield, Nr Stratford on Avon. It was just like your pics, hundreds of loco's and rolling stock just waiting for the torch.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    woody
    right click on your saved pic , and open with " paint ".
    look at the options on the top left of your opened picture and select " rotate ".
    mess about with it until you have the desired outcome then save.
    if you don't save the altered pic it will revert back to the original



    Am going to check now mate but I think when I open them in Paint they are already in the upright position so there is nowhere to go!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Am going to check now mate but I think when I open them in Paint they are already in the upright position so there is nowhere to go!
    A mystery! When I downloaded them from the camera to the picture file they saved as upright, when I open them from the Picture file in Paint they are still upright. When I post them they have fallen over FFS!

    I seem to remember this happening before but I can't recall how I bloody fixed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •