Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Clubs going bust

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12,673

    Clubs going bust

    Can see this happening very soon. From what I hear there's no government support forthcoming other than furloughs.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Can see this happening very soon. From what I hear there's no government support forthcoming other than furloughs.
    With this sort of money flying about is it any wonder?

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54960766

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12,673
    Just to be clear I'm not meaning clubs like us, it's going to be clubs with no access to an owners finances.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    16,072
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Just to be clear I'm not meaning clubs like us, it's going to be clubs with no access to an owners finances.
    If only they had Peter and Jimmy pulling the lever's,the halcyon days of Caniggia still being celebrated by The Courier newspaper regardless of the 23,000,000 debt that was run up to bring players like him in.

    Its truly staggering that our local paper looks back on that period with such fondness,hundred's of Funsters still think they were their glory years and still throw rose petals at the feet of the Marrs,FACT.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12,673
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If only they had Peter and Jimmy pulling the lever's,the halcyon days of Caniggia still being celebrated by The Courier newspaper regardless of the 23,000,000 debt that was run up to bring players like him in.

    Its truly staggering that our local paper looks back on that period with such fondness,hundred's of Funsters still think they were their glory years and still throw rose petals at the feet of the Marrs,FACT.
    They have no shame GB. No shame at all.
    Still see threads go up occasionally glorifying it. And to think they finished 6th was it (?) won the square root of FA and nearly saw their club swallowed by their neighbours.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    16,072
    There you go mate,FACT.

    https://www.thecourier.co.uk/caniggia/

    Havnie bought it in years and never will.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    16,072
    They claim the signing lifted the entire city 75% of the city were lifted when they crashed and burned not once but twice due to lunatics in TheAuldHunStand,FACT.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Can see this happening very soon. From what I hear there's no government support forthcoming other than furloughs.
    I think a few will be close but with promise of fans back maybe at tail end of season maybe they will be able to get necessary emergency funds. We have done what we needed to i think. Would have been good if sky had offered extra games for a pot just for this season. show them all live or ppv but nah that wont happen

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    There you go mate,FACT.

    https://www.thecourier.co.uk/caniggia/

    Havnie bought it in years and never will.
    un real its still up - played 21 games for them ffs sad excuse for apaper that GB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12,673

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •