Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: What was the point of Kazim-Richards?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17,284

    What was the point of Kazim-Richards?

    So far our stellar free signing has done **** all, is he not fit enough to start a game by now?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,546
    He has more energy than the rest, unfortunately only gets chucked on when everyone else has given up. I think he'd be useful if we play 2 up top.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    163
    And what about the other star signing... Jordan Ibe......another **** signing.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    8,334
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    So far our stellar free signing has done **** all, is he not fit enough to start a game by now?
    Who knows? As you told me in no uncertain terms once(?), we’re not privy to all that goes on...maybe he’s not fit enough, although I doubt it seeing as he was training with us for a while before we signed him, maybe he’s not considered good enough, or maybe his face just doesn’t fit with the ‘new broom’.
    I agree with Adi, to me he’s looked okay in the little we’ve seen of him. He at least gives us something different - height and physicality - and frankly he doesn’t have to be much good to be better than any of our other misfiring front men.

    P.S. Think Ibe has been recovering from severe gastroenteritis...so I suppose you could call him a ‘crap’ signing.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-11-2020 at 06:15 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,270
    Ibe has, indeed, been recovering from severe gastroenteritis. It seems it caused him to lose a lot of weight and that will have negatively affect his fitness.

    He is now back training and is training with the squad full time. Possibly available for selection for the Wycombe game.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17,284
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Who knows? As you told me in no uncertain terms once(?), we’re not privy to all that goes on...maybe he’s not fit enough, although I doubt it seeing as he was training with us for a while before we signed him, maybe he’s not considered good enough, or maybe his face just doesn’t fit with the ‘new broom’.
    I agree with Adi, to me he’s looked okay in the little we’ve seen of him. He at least gives us something different - height and physicality - and frankly he doesn’t have to be much good to be better than any of our other misfiring front men.

    P.S. Think Ibe has been recovering from severe gastroenteritis...so I suppose you could call him a ‘crap’ signing.
    Precisely why I asked the question as a start for a debate! Unlike you I tend not to make definite statement when I don't ahve any knowledge!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,270
    We can only start 11 players. Might it be that, thus far, the people selecting the side haven't deemed him worthy of a start due to somebody else fitting the role better, in their opinion?

    Ergo, it may well have nothing to do with fitness. Maybe, his career average of a goal every 7 appearances might be a clue when the team's biggest issue is goalscoring.

    I questioned the wisdom of his signing at the time. The few minutes he has played together with Waggy seemed to show they have some kind of understanding/chemistry. Maybe worth playing the pair together up top? He keeps making the matchday squad so he must be "doing well in training".

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    8,334
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Precisely why I asked the question as a start for a debate! Unlike you I tend not to make definite statement when I don't ahve any knowledge!
    Really? ‘So far our stellar free signing has done **** all...’. Seems quite a ‘definite’, not to mention damning, statement to me, but I agree it would be better to judge him on performance, which is precisely why my response offered possibilities rather than any attempt at certainty.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,519
    I suspect he is in the match day squad because he's the best we have as cover for a given position - that doesnt men he's any good, just the only option

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I suspect he is in the match day squad because he's the best we have as cover for a given position - that doesnt men he's any good, just the only option
    Personally I'd rather give Jamahl Hector-Ingram or Jack Stretton a go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •