Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 293

Thread: Paisley dudes V AFC Match Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,893

    Paisley dudes V AFC Match Thread

    If we have anyone left standing (both in the squad and here), big game tomorrow.

    About 9 months ago, we had a Saturday night kick off in Paisley in the Scottish Cup. Absolute bedlam in the bus going down and during the game, more shapes than a box of Lego.

    But now, we are feeling a bit down. Well bugger it, come on McInnes, letís play to win with our depleted squad.


    To be fair, the only change I would make is Main out and McGinn in.

    I still have Premier Sports from the awful semi final, so sorted.

    2-1 AFC.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,479
    Not much confidence in the team available to win this one. We were lucky to get full points against them earlier in the season with a stronger team so it is hope rather than expectation tomorrow. Sad when you consider how bad the team we are playing have been.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,085
    Be positive, we will romp it. If we canít beat the likes of St.Mirren then Cormack should definitely consider chucking it already as Dons chairman or make a swift managerial change. Absolutely no excuses tommorow...we supposedly very well backed our manager during the summer transfer window so I expect our best squad for a while to overcome the team from Paisley. 0-3 the Dons is my prediction.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post

    About 9 months ago, we had a Saturday night kick off in Paisley in the Scottish Cup. Absolute bedlam in the bus going down and during the game, more shapes than a box of Lego.

    .
    Last game l was at. It certainly was a good old fashioned pissed up, smell the alcohol in the air, away crowd.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,520
    St Mirren are useless. But I said the same about Hamilton, so who knows. We need to start playing football again rather than this long ball thing that's crept back in. We also need the central midfielders to be a bit more positive.

    I'd go...

    Lewis
    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Kennedy Ojo Campbell Leigh
    Hedges McGinn
    Cosgrove

    That side should be more than capable of beating St Mirren.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    St Mirren are useless. But I said the same about Hamilton, so who knows. We need to start playing football again rather than this long ball thing that's crept back in. We also need the central midfielders to be a bit more positive.

    I'd go...

    Lewis
    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Kennedy Ojo Campbell Leigh
    Hedges McGinn
    Cosgrove

    That side should be more than capable of beating St Mirren.
    Sorry but a side with Campbell and Ojo in it doesnít inspire confidence beating anyone in my humble opinion.

    Lewis

    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Hernandez McGinn Hedges Kennedy Leigh
    Main Cosgrove

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Sorry but a side with Campbell and Ojo in it doesnít inspire confidence beating anyone in my humble opinion.

    Lewis

    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Hernandez McGinn Hedges Kennedy Leigh
    Main Cosgrove
    But a side with 3 wingers in central midfield does?! Iíd rather not have Ojo in the team but canít see another option if weíre playing 2 midfielders. Campbell is a bit inexperienced to play there on his own and heís probably not 100% match fit yet either. And Greg Leigh has no positional awareness in central midfield. I hope we just play 1 big striker - having 2 up there instantly turns us into a horrific team to watch.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    St Mirren are useless. But I said the same about Hamilton, so who knows. We need to start playing football again rather than this long ball thing that's crept back in. We also need the central midfielders to be a bit more positive.

    I'd go...

    Lewis
    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Kennedy Ojo Campbell Leigh
    Hedges McGinn
    Cosgrove

    That side should be more than capable of beating St Mirren.
    AGREEd !! Need the back five)seven to pick the ball and run with it ?!! COYR !!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,548
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Sorry but a side with Campbell and Ojo in it doesn’t inspire confidence beating anyone in my humble opinion.

    Lewis

    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Hernandez McGinn Hedges Kennedy Leigh
    Main Cosgrove
    A powder puff midfield behind two lumps of wood.
    That’ll work

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    A powder puff midfield behind two lumps of wood.
    Thatíll work
    An attack minded set of players with some ability compared to others.

    I think our best option with what we have left at the moment.

    Go out and try and win the game, not phanny about with sideways and backward passes.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •