+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Kewell

Harry Kewell

Similar to what he did at Crawley Town, Harry Kewell after a slow start at Oldham Athletic is beginning to get them going despite a shoestring budget there. It's a long time since any manager has had any real success at Oldham (Joe Royle!), but the first baby steps forward are being made.

I thought at the time and I still believe that Alan Hardy's sacking of Kewell after a handful of games was ridiculous even by Notts County's brainless standards, especially given the vague reasoning that he had apparently unsettled some of the players. Quite frankly, that was what was needed after the sloppy habits and attitude that crept in during the latter Nolan days.

I would suggest that we would have been better off keeping Kewell and getting rid of some of those players, because they were the real reason we went down. I know we didn't have much money to replace them, but Kewell would probably have been better served by some of the youth team than the likes of David Vaughan and Noor Husin.

The stupidest Notts sacking ever. Hardy above all wanted to be liked, and Kewell was stopping him from doing that.

There is no way we’d have gone down had we won that game at MK which we should have, if not for an awful referee. That would have continued the run and the momentum.... and what the players said would have meant nothing, even to the nutter. HK was very unlucky.

We'll never know for sure, but I'm convinced we wouldn't be a non-league club today if we had stuck with Kewell for the rest of the season instead of sacking him and appointing Ardley. I think Hardy still had delusions of promotion at the time he made his ridiculous decision, when most of us could see that avoiding relegation should have been the primary target. I don't think Kewell would have managed to get us up to mid-table, but I'm sure if he had the same January transfer window backing that Ardley had, he wouldn't have taken us into the bottom two.

I thought at the time and I still believe that Alan Hardy's sacking of Kewell after a handful of games was ridiculous even by Notts County's brainless standards, especially given the vague reasoning that he had apparently unsettled some of the players.

His do you know who I am attitude unsettled not only the players
    Last edited by Glad2BeAPie; 05-12-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I thought at the time and I still believe that Alan Hardy's sacking of Kewell after a handful of games was ridiculous even by Notts County's brainless standards, especially given the vague reasoning that he had apparently unsettled some of the players.

It wasn't just the players he unsettled
    So who else did he unsettle?

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post

His do you know who I am attitude unsettled not only the players
    In a comical sh!tshow of a season where if you didn't just laugh you cried, this was possibly the most crackpot decision of all from our failed owner/chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So who else did he unsettle?
    Hardy realised he'd hired someone with more of an Ego than himself, and it was never going to work, and the staff I'll say no more

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    In a comical sh!tshow of a season where if you didn't just laugh you cried, this was possibly the most crackpot decision of all from our failed owner/chairman
    blooming hell Laddo !
    we agree on something ,
    in unity , lets take to the knee !!

I remember Hardy saying at the press conference at Kewell's appointment some rubbish about he wish he could've offered him a 10yr contract... did he last 10 weeks???

I don't know the inside story but always thought a straight talking Aussie with some home truths ruffled too many feathers.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast