+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Accies away

He's a decent player and I'm glad he's signed his extension but, we've got to have an alternative when it's clear his dead balls are off on any particular day.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Nicky seems to be this weekend's fall guy & ironically when all the forums were delighted about his contract extension amidst the rumour about him crossing the Rubicon. My take on it that he's not very good & also should NOT be our go-to dead ball man. I've thought that for a couple of years even tho I didn't come out & say it. I don't normally criticise our players, no matter how sh!te they might be.
    Its partly not his fault though. He's not a central midfielder. He's being shoehorned into a position because his goals are a massive reason for us being where we are and at a time when no one else seems able to score, its hard to leave him out. His inclusion is costing us though. He's constantly giving the ball away as his distribution isnt good enough. Again, he's a striker not a midfielder, so distribution isn't a part of his game. Either play him up front or don't play him at all. If he is genuinely a better option in midfield than Chris Mochrie, then we'd be as well letting Mochrie go right now because Clark is as good as wasting a jersey playing where he is.

Square pegs in round holes have been proven not work for as long as football has been around, yet we seem to have been the masters of it making that mistake, year after year after year.

I wonder if our full backs and coaching staff ever watch Liverpool play?.

Thought Dillon Powers had a great game yesterday, seemed very composed and steady. I have been a bit of a critic of his, but hopefully I am gonna be proved wrong.

Clark is a decent option off the bench but we are gonna need to upgrade that position going forward.

Our delivery from corners is shocking, bring up all the defenders just for it to not clear the first man in the box....school boy stuff!

We also need our midfielders to put the laces through it occasionally and test the keeper.

Definitely need a player with a bit of swagger....is barry robson definitely too old to play these days?

I agree, Powers has been great since coming on against the sheep, he's really taken his chance which is exactly the right attitude to have. Well done him.

Will be interesting to see what the manager does when Butcher's fit again. I'd like to see a Powers/Fuchs combination in the middle. Powers doesn't waste much when he has the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Will be interesting to see what the manager does when Butcher's fit again. I'd like to see a Powers/Fuchs combination in the middle. Powers doesn't waste much when he has the ball.
    Everyone waiting patiently on Shedboy's reply to a Power Fuch combo

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Everyone waiting patiently on Shedboy's reply to a Power Fuch combo
    Hahahaha! 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I wonder if our full backs and coaching staff ever watch Liverpool play?.
    Going by wage scales Andy should be a hundred times the player Jamie is.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Unfortunately the manager will 100% put Butcher back in and Powers will be benched again. Fuchs HAS to come back in he's our best central midfielder.

The Clark situation is strange because I don't know his best position. He's not a midfielder and not even a number 10 so where does he play? McNulty and Shankland are our best strikers because they offer so much more movement and pace. I'm happy enough Clark's signed on again but I'm also glad it's only for 18 months, he's an impact subby at this level imo.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)