Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Arbroath game

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11,648

    Arbroath game

    Chances of it being on?

    Hopefully.

    Wee bit milder next Cple of days.

    DFC doing a Tranmere from the 80s with these tv Friday games....mind saint and Jimmy Greaves used to refer to them as Friday night favs as they used to play ahh their home gemmes on a Friday.

    Wonder when and why they stopped.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,463
    Wouldn't think Arbroath would lose many games to frost being virtually in the sea, should be on.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Wouldn't think Arbroath would lose many games to frost being virtually in the sea, should be on.
    You would think so but Arbroath have recently had a couple of home games cancelled this season due to the weather with the latest against the Scottish Cup tie Falkirk on Saturday 9th January 2021 cancelled because of a frozen pitch.
    It would be interesting to know which referee called off that game.
    The weather forecast for Leuchars which is the closest Met Office weather station to Arbroath for this Friday evening is not good with the temperature at 6pm (18.00) forecasted to be 32F (0C). https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ate=2021-01-22
    If this game is to go ahead we will need to hope that Arbroath FC groundstaff yesterday when it was milder put down the covers over the entire pitch.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You would think so but Arbroath have recently had a couple of home games cancelled this season due to the weather with the latest against the Scottish Cup tie Falkirk on Saturday 9th January 2021 cancelled because of a frozen pitch.
    It would be interesting to know which referee called off that game.
    The weather forecast for Leuchars which is the closest Met Office weather station to Arbroath for this Friday evening is not good with the temperature at 6pm (18.00) forecasted to be 32F (0C). https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ate=2021-01-22
    If this game is to go ahead we will need to hope that Arbroath FC groundstaff yesterday when it was milder put down the covers over the entire pitch.
    If you just put Arbroath in that search box instead of leuchars the met office is happy to give a forecast.

    Id suggest its a better guide than somewhere miles away?

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ate=2021-01-22

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11,648
    Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    If you just put Arbroath in that search box instead of leuchars the met office is happy to give a forecast.

    Id suggest its a better guide than somewhere miles away?

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ate=2021-01-22
    I use metacheck.

    Updated more regularly, invaluable if you like a gemme of golf.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I use metacheck.

    Updated more regularly, invaluable if you like a gemme of golf.
    I use metcheck as well as the Met Office.
    Metcheck is currently forecasting heavy snow in Dundee next Tuesday 26th January which is the same day as the rearranged home game against Ayr United. https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/day...For=26/01/2021
    If this forecast is correct and David Munro is the match referee then there is no chance of the game going ahead even if the pitch is clear of snow. He will find some excuse to cancel the game such as the running track round the pitch having snow on it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    If you just put Arbroath in that search box instead of leuchars the met office is happy to give a forecast.

    I’d suggest it’s a better guide than somewhere miles away?

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ate=2021-01-22
    You will also notice if you type on the ‘last 24 hours’ section that they show the observations for the nearest site to Arbroath which is Leuchars. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ions/gfn1v0610

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11,648
    I think match will go off, gut feeling, John kettley hat on.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    878
    Really hope the game is on, being stuck in because of lockdown, it will be the highlight of the week !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11,648
    Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Really hope the game is on, being stuck in because of lockdown, it will be the highlight of the week !
    Hope so but ground rock hard where I am.

    Sorry to hear Arbroath v Dundee is highlight of your week.🙁

    Made a point of getting out far more, think it helps.

    Although noticed police parked up in Templeton, camperdown and birkhill yesterday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •