Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Frank Gone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17,475

    Frank Gone

    So the "fairy tale" appointment lasted less than two seasons? What utter madness!

    Makes manures faith with Solskaier positively loyal!

    Still I guess he will pocket a few million to ease the pain.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,394
    Would we have taken him in preference to Rooney if this had happened in November?

    Knowing what we knew then I would say yes.

    Knowing what we know now I would say no.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,601
    Yes on both counts - however I don't think we could afford him now, and I'd still rather have an older head in charge over both (though potentially we may have Mac pulling strings at present).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Would we have taken him in preference to Rooney if this had happened in November?

    Knowing what we knew then I would say yes.

    Knowing what we know now I would say no.
    I wouldn't have, the manner in which he left, completely screwed our preparations for last season and he showed no respect for our club.

    I feel that it's poetic justice for him and Chelsea.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    8,607
    Agree with Ram.

    Spent £222m last summer. Needed to show more, but Swale’s point about OGS (easier to spell ) is well made.

    Time and again we see that the best players don’t necessarily make the best managers. Hope Rooney proves the exception.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I wouldn't have, the manner in which he left, completely screwed our preparations for last season and he showed no respect for our club.

    I feel that it's poetic justice for him and Chelsea.
    Thats a dedicated fans myopic view of the world of business. In reality, Chelsea approached Mel for permission to speak to him, which was granted, the discussions and the eventual offer came after a protracted period, nobody knows why that was, it could ahve been Frank making sure his contract suited him, which after all is what everyone of us would do in the circumstances, but whatever it took longer than expected, although he joined on 4 July, so given contracts run to 30 Jun normally he did nothing wrong and we got £4 million compo. or Mel did!

    The impact on us, some delay I guess but nobody knows exactly what the impact was unless you like a convenient scapegoat!

    Those are the the facts, it was always a gamble for Frank but financially he wont be hurt. Poetic justice for a person exercising his contractual rights in a proper manner? PLeeeze!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,437
    He can always go back to being a pundit......

  8. #8
    Thomas Tuchel reportedly taking over.

    If I were him wouldn't bother buying a house over here with Abramovich's sacking record.

    Short term rent should be more than adequate.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,394
    Quote Originally Posted by raminexile View Post
    Thomas Tuchel reportedly taking over.

    If I were him wouldn't bother buying a house over here with Abramovich's sacking record.

    Short term rent should be more than adequate.
    Maybe his payment would be the capital gain in buying and selling a property in London...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,160
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Thats a dedicated fans myopic view of the world of business. In reality, Chelsea approached Mel for permission to speak to him, which was granted, the discussions and the eventual offer came after a protracted period, nobody knows why that was, it could ahve been Frank making sure his contract suited him
    From memory Swale the hold up was because Juventus were burgering about regarding the £6m compo chelsea wanted as Sarri still had 2 years left on his contract, the compo to us for Frank was all sorted at £4m but Frank couldn't go till Sarri had gone, within hours of Sarri going to Juventus Frank went to Chelsea, and as you say we got 4m compo, nothing to do with Frank weighing up his options, this scenario was discussed with Mel from the outset, if they came in for me would you let me leave, Mel said yes, so as soon as the job became available Frank then went, don't see how he screwed us over?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •