+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jaguar to go all electric from 2025

Jaguar to go all electric from 2025

My last 3 have all been Jags. this one due for renewal spring 2022 . Can't say I am ready to go all electric and can't think I will be in just 4 years. A PHEV does appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    My last 3 have all been Jags. this one due for renewal spring 2022 . Can't say I am ready to go all electric and can't think I will be in just 4 years. A PHEV does appeal.
    I’m a Jag man 923, currently an XF diesel which gets me about 45 MPG and has plenty of grunt and space and feels like a drivers car, I would love to go all electric but range and availability and speed of charging puts me off, even a Tesla would struggle to get me to the Hawthorns and back on a match day.

I’ve just changed my 5 year old BMX X5 hybrid for the latest model.

The range on the old one was supposed to be around 22 miles but I never got more than 13 out of it.

The new one is supposed to do up to 54 miles on electric and I reckon I’m getting 35 at best........it’s about time the brand claims and the reality actually matched as it dents confidence, especially in going all electric.

In truth a 35-40 range covers 95% of my needs and I expect that I will only need to fill the tank with petrol maybe 6 times per year.

There’s something satisfying about the electric driving bit, it feels cleaner and the “off the mark” speed is fantastic as the power is instantaneous.

My own view is that hydrogen cell driving will come into play within 5 years and trump electric, BMW for one are way down the road with this next technology.

I wouldn’t risk full electric for at least the next 5 years, as long as you can get 35-40 miles of electric then you’re pretty much covered, especially if you can plug in when you get to work.

In some places public charging is still free which is an added attraction.

BMW are a good brand to look at if you want decent electric range now.

I miss my Jaguar, although the Kuga has been good and easier for me to get in out.
    My next car will be a Jaguar or Landrover Suv.

A while back I nearly bought a Lexus hybrid but the boot was so shallow, due to the battery underneath, that it was unsuitable for carrying the dogs. Last October I bought a Ford Focus Vignale, excellent, full of all the necessary creature comforts and a superb sound system. The sound system, though, has a quite large subwoofer under the boot floor, so guess what, it’s not really very suitable to take the dogs! So , if the dogs have to go anywhere, they go in the wife’s car! Keeps my car clean, though!

Oh yes, my Ford is petrol. By the time petrol becomes unavailable, I don’t think that I will be driving anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I miss my Jaguar, although the Kuga has been good and easier for me to get in out.
    My next car will be a Jaguar or Landrover Suv.
    I'm not really turned on by cars. Anything that is nice and reliable is enough.

I always lease. Hate the hassle of selling a 2nd hand car. My wife had a Kuga and loved it. Replaced it with a Puma and likes it even more. Thinks the Jag is too big. I often take the Ford if I'm just going into town.

The trip to The Hawthorns without having to recharge is my minimum yardstick to go electric.

Back in the 90's I had a small Merc and had some niggly problems with it. Customer service from local dealer stank. No doubt they are quality and I was just unlucky. Never considered one since. Memory of an elephant me for bad service.

It's the future guy's.
    Just as Butch Cassidy said when he got on that pushbike.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    It's the future guy's.
    Just as Butch Cassidy said when he got on that pushbike.
    Agreed but it's just not my immediate one.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)