Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Nottingham forest(away)predictions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,442

    Nottingham forest(away)predictions

    The wheels on the bus have flown off and dont look to be put on in any sort of urgency.
    A poor forest side will enjoy a welcome 3 points.
    3-0 loss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    35,970
    Forest 1 Rovers 2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,633
    forest 1 rovers 0.. were ****

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,863
    2 ****agers playing centre half. We have lost all our centre halves to injury. It was always going to be a tough ask. We where a bit unlucky. Missed a pen. Hit the post. Deflected shot that wasnt going in for their goal. After that it was a pretty even game.
    Gallagher taken to hospital with a punctured lung.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,442
    I know it was unlucky champs but honestly that should be the end for our manager.
    Take nothing away,his achievements for us have been great but his time as our manager is over.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,863
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I know it was unlucky champs but honestly that should be the end for our manager.
    Take nothing away,his achievements for us have been great but his time as our manager is over.
    Not convinced.
    Mowbray isn't at fault for our entire defence being injured. He isn't responsible for 2 ****agers playing centre half.
    he wasn't responsible for the deflected goal. He wasn't responsible for missing a pen.
    If he makes mistakes, I will say. But I do think this is very harsh.

    Had we a full squad to choose for, I'm sure we would not have lost yesterday.

    And not sure what everyones rush is anyway. We will be replacing one manager who we finish midtable with, for another. And that's best case scenario. If they get the next manager wrong, then we could end up back in Div1.
    We are only 10 points away now. One bad month and we are down there.
    Is now a good time to start taking a huge risk?
    Personally, I think that would be a stupid risk to take.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,442
    And you were willing to change recently.
    Yes this particular game alot of things happened that wasn't his fault but in the past month the team has looked really short of confidence.
    He looks short of ideas and most of the time looks bored,fed up and wanting to be elsewhere.
    Yes the team is to fault,we all know that but ultimately the buck stops with the manager.
    I still stood by and supported him during a rough December,when others wanted him to go but this past month has shown the players are no longer playing his tune and he looks short of ideas how to solve it.
    The manager to replace him went to Bristol city yesterday anyway,so we might as well stick for now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,863
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    And you were willing to change recently.
    Yes this particular game alot of things happened that wasn't his fault but in the past month the team has looked really short of confidence.
    He looks short of ideas and most of the time looks bored,fed up and wanting to be elsewhere.
    Yes the team is to fault,we all know that but ultimately the buck stops with the manager.
    I still stood by and supported him during a rough December,when others wanted him to go but this past month has shown the players are no longer playing his tune and he looks short of ideas how to solve it.
    The manager to replace him went to Bristol city yesterday anyway,so we might as well stick for now.
    I am not always correct. Sometimes I may re-think something and change my mind.
    If we change manager, so should Bristol City, Swansea, Brentford, Barnsley, Preston, Rotherham as they are all on a similar run.
    Bristol City did change their manager in the summer. The new guy came in, he started ok, then they lost 7 in a row. What happens if Pearson loses 6? Do they sack him?

    What would Person bring to our club, that Mowbray wouldn't? I would bet my life we still finished midtable? But would Pearson have a good relationship with Venkys? Thats crucial. Pearson has fallen out with every single owner of every single club he has managed. He has been sacked from every job, due to falling out with the owners. He has never won anything. And has just one promotion on his CV. Like Mowbray?
    So what is the guarantee Pearson would change anything?

    There is one club, who have benefitted from a change of manager. Cardiff City. Who got Mick Mcarthy.
    Who is the excat type of manager almost everyone would have moaned about had we gotten him. He is no different to Mowbray. Had early results gone badly, he would be getting hounded by our fans by now.

    What fans want, is a manager who comes in, and never loses a game.

    This is a midtable club, going nowhere. Not up or down. In a division of clubs going nowhere. And we like 97% of clubs will be deemed as 'failing' when the reality is we will 'fail' every season like 97% of all other clubs.

    Sacking one bloke, to bring in someone no different. Personally I feel Pearson would have been a disaster. And would have lasted no more than until the end of this season, by then he would have had a falling out.

    Watch what happens at Bristol City. Who are no different to us. They will get a few early results. Then go straight back to going absolutely nowhere. If he is still manager at the end of next season, I will be shocked. Thats not what we need at all. Instability would take us back to Div1.

    In the next game or 2 we will get a win, and none of this will be an issue. Until we lose again.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,442
    Ok let me put things differently.
    At the start of the season our expectations were raised by a squad that had the potential to be a top six squad.
    Mowbray,bookies and pundits were all looking at us a saying we could and should get a top six spot.
    We have on paper a good squad,now of course injuries have hampered us but what followed a very good January has been performances that have been lacklustre and almost the complete opposite to what we have seen the month previous.
    Players looking uninterested
    Manager looking uninterested
    Should we finish mid table,is that acceptable?
    No and sorry the manager must face the sack.
    Maybe you are right about giving mowbray the season but in my opinion its delaying the inevitable.
    Mid table doesn't cut it this season.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,863
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Ok let me put things differently.
    At the start of the season our expectations were raised by a squad that had the potential to be a top six squad.
    Mowbray,bookies and pundits were all looking at us a saying we could and should get a top six spot.
    We have on paper a good squad,now of course injuries have hampered us but what followed a very good January has been performances that have been lacklustre and almost the complete opposite to what we have seen the month previous.
    Players looking uninterested
    Manager looking uninterested
    Should we finish mid table,is that acceptable?
    No and sorry the manager must face the sack.
    Maybe you are right about giving mowbray the season but in my opinion its delaying the inevitable.
    Mid table doesn't cut it this season.
    I don't think we are good enough to go up. But that's just me. It looked on paper like we had signed a few decent players, but look at the reality?
    Ayala, barley played. Always injured.
    Douglas, awful at first (always injured) then has improved.
    Trybull, always injured never plays.
    Kaminski - decent
    Elliott - decent

    So of all these signings made, where people decided that would make us play off candidates, only really Harvey Elliott has had any kind of positive. And the keeper.
    We were not good enough last season. And as good as Elliott is, he would not be the difference between us staying midtable and going up.

    To me, the players (alot of our key ones) are injured. That has had an impact.

    I have thought for a long long time too many people are on easy street. Long contracts, great facilities, its all nice.
    Its the same voice, and the same standards. Sometimes, you need a new voice.

    All my point is, clubs like us in the same division and same standard are basically swapping one manager for another who will produce the exact same results. All we will be doing by sacking Mowbray, is swapping one lot of issues, for another.
    You wont find a great manager down here, nor will you find any great players. Its all a much of a muchness.

    Most of the managers are very limited with how far they can take a side.
    Pearson is very much like that. I am glad we didnt end up with him. I personally don't rate McCarthy highly. But he is experienced. Thats pretty much who we would end up with. An exact replica of who we already have.
    12 months down the line, you would hear all the same comments you have about Mowbray.

    I just think this is it. We are a midtable club, going nowhere. I know nobody wants to accept that. Sky have told fans that if you arent baying for blood you arent a proper fan. I think its all a bit silly.

    I lost interest a long time ago, so let alot of this go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •