Thread: Gordan Mc Queen

Gordan Mc Queen

At the age of 68 he has been diagnosed of Vascular Dementia.
    It's a terrible illness , my Mom died of this.

Saw him play a lot for Leeds in the 70ís and he was an awesome player especially in the air.

Scored against us in the 3-5 match.

Thats sad news to hear, and remember he kind of disappeared from Sky as a regular pundit didn't he, a few years ago. And I think that was down to illness as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats sad news to hear, and remember he kind of disappeared from Sky as a regular pundit didn't he, a few years ago. And I think that was down to illness as well.
    ........OR.......that he wasnít black, gay, gender blender, non f u c k I n g binary or that he liked sticking an orange in his mouth whilst hanging himself naked in a Premier Inn closet!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes he had throat cancer. Not saying much but have met him socially on several times through a mutual mate. He and his wife still live locally and I have to say he is a great bloke. Used to remind him of the 5-3 win every time but he took it in good spirit. Footballer from a greater age and such a shame. Always was surprised that in real life he didn’t seem such a ‘man mountain’ as he did on the pitch.

Another young player 19, with a head injury.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...gKMFhAYIBpScP0

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Yes he had throat cancer. Not saying much but have met him socially on several times through a mutual mate. He and his wife still live locally and I have to say he is a great bloke. Used to remind him of the 5-3 win every time but he took it in good spirit. Footballer from a greater age and such a shame. Always was surprised that in real life he didnít seem such a Ďman mountainí as he did on the pitch.
    Yes that's what I thought it was Yarm, I heard it was a serious illness, and not the PC thing which Sky came up with in more recent times.

Ohh and I share a birthday with Gordon btw.