+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Government moving the goalposts

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No it's the creation of it.....that's the hard bit....politicians spending other folks money is the easy bit.
    My take on it is I wud happily pay a bit more to run our own country. Just like I wud happily watch a dees team filled we local lads on a budget we cud sustain.
    Downsize is the only way both wud work I reckon but it wud in time get better.
    The world's finances are mental in reality. The yanks owe trillions yet are classed as one of the richest countries, yet we still have kids dying through hunger.
    Work that ane oot.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I had thought that Brexit would take much longer to fully bed down. How does trying to jump back into Europe help all the exports that Scotland makes to England?
    I didn't think iScotland was allowed to join the EU, hard to keep track. Brexit won't bed down till the tories actually implement it, which at present is Jan 2022. Not forgetting the EU is currently taking legal action as the tories have unilaterally abandoned the NI protocol. And wait till people are stuck in airport queues for 5 hours, they dodged a bullet there with the covid restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    My take on it is I wud happily pay a bit more to run our own country. Just like I wud happily watch a dees team filled we local lads on a budget we cud sustain.
    Downsize is the only way both wud work I reckon but it wud in time get better.
    The world's finances are mental in reality. The yanks owe trillions yet are classed as one of the richest countries, yet we still have kids dying through hunger.
    Work that ane oot.
    I wouldnae....but it's irrelevant to me....I just think the best people to spend money is the person who earns it.

Income tax was a temporary tax measure to pay for the Napoleonic wars if I mind right....bit like temporary lockdoon😁

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I didn't think iScotland was allowed to join the EU, hard to keep track. Brexit won't bed down till the tories actually implement it, which at present is Jan 2022. Not forgetting the EU is currently taking legal action as the tories have unilaterally abandoned the NI protocol. And wait till people are stuck in airport queues for 5 hours, they dodged a bullet there with the covid restrictions.
    Airport queues🤣

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    So if me and the wife get a huge mortgage then get divorced we don't have to pay it? That's genius, we're going to try it. Can I tell the mortgage company you said it was OK?
    Who's the 3rd party who owns the loans/debts when it comes to the UK? Oh that's right, it's the UK. Scotland is part of the UK, it doesn't owe anything to it.

Airport queues��
    Gonna be mayhem if we're ever allowed to go abroad, I reckon the tories will ban folk from ever going back to Spain unless it's a couple of dozen at a time although rich people are still allowed to go, what a surprise

I wouldnae....but it's irrelevant to me....I just think the best people to spend money is the person who earns it.

Income tax was a temporary tax measure to pay for the Napoleonic wars if I mind right....bit like temporary lockdoon😁
    Lockdoon??
    Some fowk are loving this.
    Tinternet full of scientists and economic experts.
    Pubs open soon tho.
    Bet some hope they dinna tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Gonna be mayhem if we're ever allowed to go abroad, I reckon the tories will ban folk from ever going back to Spain unless it's a couple of dozen at a time although rich people are still allowed to go, what a surprise
    Spain and Portugal will want people spending ASAP.....they won't **** about.

The exemptions are interesting.

Gonna be a lot of kiddy on property sales.

Looks like you are allowed to go if putting a property on the market.

Income tax was a temporary tax measure to pay for the Napoleonic wars if I mind right....bit like temporary lockdoon��
    Income tax exists to control inflation and keep prices low, it doesn't actually pay for anything. Do you want hyper-inflation in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Lockdoon??
    Some fowk are loving this.
    Tinternet full of scientists and economic experts.
    Pubs open soon tho.
    Bet some hope they dinna tho.
    June July Aug and Sept......then....back to lockdoon.

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)