+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inside the changing room #24. Wow definitely worth a listen to

Inside the changing room #24. Wow definitely worth a listen to

Hopefully i can get link to work.

Ex Rotherham United midfielder Ben Pringle speaks about his time at the New York Stadium.

Inside The Changing Room
    @InsideTCR

https://t.co/lAOoUqHkYl?amp=1
    Last edited by CAMiller; 03-03-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Hopefully i can get link to work.

Ex Rotherham United midfielder Ben Pringle speaks about his time at the New York Stadium.

Inside The Changing Room
    @InsideTCR

https://t.co/lAOoUqHkYl?amp=1
    Thanks Millertop.

Just wondering what people's views are on Ben Pringle as a player now?

Many thought he would go on a do really well after leaving us but it seems as though Rotherham United was the high point of his career , ability-wise.

Was he a crap player who Evans got the best out of or was he decent but for some reason never fulfilled his potential?

How good was he?

Pringle thought he could up his station, with the idea better things could happen away from the New York Stadium, but to me had his best years with the Millers, good crosser of the ball, with his trusty left peg.

Really enjoyed listening to this. Shame Ben didn't say more about Steve Evans and his time at Rotherham. Sounds a very interesting time from a players point of view, and also for Paul Warne. Well worth a listen

Would love to hear more on his Evo tales !

(Plus he's gone very Ginger again !)

I always thought he could have gone on and played more in the Championship or even to one of the smaller clubs in the Prem. He was a a lot better player than most on here will say he was. His first instinct was to get the ball forward and that alone made him better than a lot of other wide players out there. He was never a winger just a wide midfielder who knew the ball could travel faster than he could and is the reason he got so many crosses in the box in his time with us. ( I hope you understand that point because a lot on here will not get the point of that ) lets just say he was a clever player when he had to be. He also had a good freekick on him and a nice shot when the ball was still or moving and he also had a good volly shot too plus he could dribble a bit when the mood struck him.

If I had to pick a fault with him it must be his pace because he had none lol but his football brain made up for that most of the time.

For me he was a massive player for us in the promotions and we should have fought tooth and nail to keep him at the club.

Agree with BigLad. A team is more than the sum of its parts and Pringle benefited from that.

With Evans the stuff happening off the pitch was always bound to be tasty. His would be a great biography if there were no limits on content.

Really interesting to listen to - thanks for posting

Personally I think Pringle is like a spoilt brat but would love to sit down with him and let him tell the juicy stories

I always said he wouldn’t do anything when he left, he needed to stay with us, he’s probably made some money though

Was man of the match when it was my 40th Wedding Anniversary in the Hospitality

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast