Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Season 2020-21

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,403

    Season 2020-21

    What a mixed season this has been for performances. According to the QoSTV commentators we have beaten every team in the Championship but have also lost to all of them with the exception of Arbroath.
    Up until the new year we were abysmal with AJ constantly saying that we were losing soft goals but this seemed to be resolved for a while when Breen signed on loan and the defence tightened up. We then went on an exceptional run for the next three or so months of the new year when our pace frightened the life out of our opponents after we had signed Mabude and Jones who were lightening quick. Shields also was quite brilliant during this time and he was named player of the Month and AJ Manager of the Month. We were the form side in the division.
    Final few months it looked as though opposition teams had sussed us out by dropping deeper leaving no space for our pace to get behind their defence then we started to struggle to score but the old Achilles heel of conceding soft goals crept back in and few points were gained.
    Crazy season in terms of form.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    What a mixed season this has been for performances. According to the QoSTV commentators we have beaten every team in the Championship but have also lost to all of them with the exception of Arbroath.
    Up until the new year we were abysmal with AJ constantly saying that we were losing soft goals but this seemed to be resolved for a while when Breen signed on loan and the defence tightened up. We then went on an exceptional run for the next three or so months of the new year when our pace frightened the life out of our opponents after we had signed Mabude and Jones who were lightening quick. Shields also was quite brilliant during this time and he was named player of the Month and AJ Manager of the Month. We were the form side in the division.
    Final few months it looked as though opposition teams had sussed us out by dropping deeper leaving no space for our pace to get behind their defence then we started to struggle to score but the old Achilles heel of conceding soft goals crept back in and few points were gained.
    Crazy season in terms of form.
    Fifty one goals lost says it all defensively and Obileye a defender / midfielder was our top league scorer with 9 goals - massive all - round improvement needed but it will most likely be a complete rebuild again !
    Last edited by Ftivano1; 02-05-2021 at 02:23 PM. Reason: missed word

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    9,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Fifty one goals lost says it all defensively and Obileye a defender / midfielder was our top league scorer with 9 goals - massive all - round improvement needed but it will most likely be a complete rebuild again !
    With only Shields ahead of him on 11 with 8 league goals and 3 cup goals.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Fifty one goals lost says it all defensively and Obileye a defender / midfielder was our top league scorer with 9 goals - massive all - round improvement needed but it will most likely be a complete rebuild again !
    The BoD were saying, around the time of the AGM if I am not mistaken, that because of Covid this season was one very much about consolidation but expect to compete better next season as extra funding should be available so we will see if they can honour their words.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    The BoD were saying, around the time of the AGM if I am not mistaken, that because of Covid this season was one very much about consolidation but expect to compete better next season as extra funding should be available so we will see if they can honour their words.


    yes spike lets see what our board are made of ,i hope by extra funds next term the board aint relying on that tanner fund as that is no warchest ,what between 14 and 20 grand ,1 semi decent calibre players wages for 20 weeks .the tanner fund needs to get to a few hundred grand before its given to the club for new players wages .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 02-05-2021 at 07:16 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yes spike lets see what our board are made of ,i hope by extra funds next term the board aint relying on that tanner fund as that is no warchest ,what between 14 and 20 grand ,1 semi decent calibre players wages for 20 weeks .the tanner fund needs to get to a few hundred grand before its given to the club for new players wages .
    And there in lies the issue. We are talking hundreds of thousands to make a real difference which requires the investment of your mysterious business men who are poised to take over the club so now would be the ideal time for that. I await positive news on that front. I see that Dumbarton have just been taken over by Scandinavian investors.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    And there in lies the issue. We are talking hundreds of thousands to make a real difference which requires the investment of your mysterious business men who are poised to take over the club so now would be the ideal time for that. I await positive news on that front. I see that Dumbarton have just been taken over by Scandinavian investors.


    yes spike those mysterious investors i spoke about a couple of seasons ago never materialised for obvious reasons at the time ,as thay wouldnt come forward unless hewitson walked away first ,that was common knowledge spike ,so we all know whats going to happen next season under our current regime dont we ,answer one of the bottom 3 wage budgets in the championship same as this season ,last season and many seasons before ,these people who were whimpering an interest in the club are probably long gone from being interested now and i wouldnt blame them cause if i had millions i wouldnt touch queens with a barge pole until i knew hewitson wasnt going to receive one penny out of taking over the club ,soas in your previous post when you suggested the current board opening the purse strings abit for next season ,i sincerely hope thay do as next seasons league will be even harder with partick and cove up instead of alloa and morton ,and hearts are up to be replaced by probably killie and id expect dundee to go up and ross co to come down in the playoffs as i reckon hamilton will win there last 2 games vrs killie and ross co .we could do with scandinavian investors at queens or red bull making queens there latest edition to the red bull family ,but we are stuck with avoiding relegation every season until either our current board step up to the plate or someone else ,its as simple as that .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 02-05-2021 at 10:35 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yes spike those mysterious investors i spoke about a couple of seasons ago never materialised for obvious reasons at the time ,as thay wouldnt come forward unless hewitson walked away first ,that was common knowledge spike ,so we all know whats going to happen next season under our current regime dont we ,answer one of the bottom 3 wage budgets in the championship same as this season ,last season and many seasons before ,these people who were whimpering an interest in the club are probably long gone from being interested now and i wouldnt blame them cause if i had millions i wouldnt touch queens with a barge pole until i knew hewitson wasnt going to receive one penny out of taking over the club ,soas in your previous post when you suggested the current board opening the purse strings abit for next season ,i sincerely hope thay do as next seasons league will be even harder with partick and cove up instead of alloa and morton ,and hearts are up to be replaced by probably killie and id expect dundee to go up and ross co to come down in the playoffs as i reckon hamilton will win there last 2 games vrs killie and ross co .we could do with scandinavian investors at queens or red bull making queens there latest edition to the red bull family ,but we are stuck with avoiding relegation every season until either our current board step up to the plate or someone else ,its as simple as that .
    Yes well put but I do not understand why business men or any investor with money to burn, and that's what it would need to be, would be frightened off by Hewitson. Business transactions simply do not work this way and if investors want to take over Queens and have the resources they will do so whether Hewtison is there or not.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Yes well put but I do not understand why business men or any investor with money to burn, and that's what it would need to be, would be frightened off by Hewitson. Business transactions simply do not work this way and if investors want to take over Queens and have the resources they will do so whether Hewtison is there or not.


    yes spike i agree ,thought it was strange when i heard about it ,but after finding out who these men were that were being touted as interested i thought we would just end up with another regime that were tighter than a snare drum cause one of the 2 guys i heard defo runs his current businesses like every penny is a prisoner ,cant run a club like queens on there own income if you want success ,queens will never have the club income to be successful ,this is why we need people running the club that have a personal passion for success ,running the club as a always staying in the black business wont get us higher than we are atm which isnt appealing atol ,only way queens could survive on there own would be if we were in the top league gaining all the extra tv money and league finish money which is miles above what we receive in the championship also the big crowds that come with the old firm hibs hearts and aberdeen and the pars ,killie and the dundees when going will will fill our away end ,if we want to stay with our current board id be happy but thay must do what it takes to get queens into the top league as thats where a club like us could afford to sustain its self .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 03-05-2021 at 12:46 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yes spike i agree ,thought it was strange when i heard about it ,but after finding out who these men were that were being touted as interested i thought we would just end up with another regime that were tighter than a snare drum cause one of the 2 guys i heard defo runs his current businesses like every penny is a prisoner ,cant run a club like queens on there own income if you want success ,queens will never have the club income to be successful ,this is why we need people running the club that have a personal passion for success ,running the club as a always staying in the black business wont get us higher than we are atm which isnt appealing atol ,only way queens could survive on there own would be if we were in the top league gaining all the extra tv money and league finish money which is miles above what we receive in the championship also the big crowds that come with the old firm hibs hearts and aberdeen and the pars ,killie and the dundees when going will will fill our away end ,if we want to stay with our current board id be happy but thay must do what it takes to get queens into the top league as thats where a club like us could afford to sustain its self .
    So here we are back to square one. Vicious perpetual loop by the looks of things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •