+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Maurice Ross Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Borg elite View Post
    Try being Irish in some parts of Ireland Pete, like my family, it's not so bad as it used to be but that's not hard . That's better laxton, it's just out of interest.
    OK Borg, case not closed, eh? But now, just out of interest, don't you think those who vote `racist` will be labelled `snowflakes`? Or those voting `non-racist` called `racists`? Polls like this generally descend into strawman labelling, "People like you...etc." and "You're the type of person...etc." or "I was once like you but...".

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    So this is all Enzio’s fault? Right. The fact several players went to Turner and not just one to raise their concerns with him is irrelevant to you. You have based your opinion on his form as a footballer rather than the fact he WAS subjected to derogatory comment.
    If Doyle or any player, coach or manager is giving ‘home truths’ their is clearly a line not to be crossed.
    If I called you a pr1ck it would clearly be offensive. However you are just a pr1ck. If I called you <any colour, nationality, ***uality etc> Pr1ck, then it’s more prejudice.
    In this case their is an argument for and against what the outcome for MR was. Maybe he did resign as he felt that he couldn’t repair multiple bridges in a short space and crucial time of our season. The assumption was he pushed.
    Never said it was enzios fault or was down to his current form.i think that might have been in the mind of Ross when he made it as the remark was purely around his movement.
    I just dont think it was racist or if it is considered rascist if it was worthy of someone losing his job.
    The point of his remark was that enzios movement was poor and as such maybe they could have both focused on that in training after a war of words.
    Ps I've been called much worse and have been a victim of racism I'm not trolling as was suggested but just trying to get others perspective.(I think a post from driller nailed this point earlier)
    For me I find it a was a poor joke to emphasise a flaw in the way he plays or was playing in the eyes of Ross.

Someone on the board said where is biker and others after the win, they have gone silent. Well I remain unconvinced about ownership and leadership but will be happy to say I was wrong when promotion happens this year.

However that’s not what I am here to post about. John Cleese recently left this country to live abroad saying what an awful place Britain had become where unless you agreed with the generally accepted opinion you were unable to say anything outside that narrow view point. I consider the sacking of Ross completely unacceptable and a reflection of our politically correct society and a poor reflection on our owners. And while we are at it the taking of the knee is nothing more than pandering to another politically correct notion. Football authorities could and should have done a lot more a lot earlier. Where are the massive fines and points deductions which should have taken place years ago, quietly pushed aside for “the good of the game”. I dislike racism of any kind but our current politically correct attitude is also unacceptable and is typified by the sacking of Ross. This is my last post as I am done with this board and after 50 years Notts as well. Bye Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Biker9999 View Post
    Someone on the board said where is biker and others after the win, they have gone silent. Well I remain unconvinced about ownership and leadership but will be happy to say I was wrong when promotion happens this year.

However that’s not what I am here to post about. John Cleese recently left this country to live abroad saying what an awful place Britain had become where unless you agreed with the generally accepted opinion you were unable to say anything outside that narrow view point. I consider the sacking of Ross completely unacceptable and a reflection of our politically correct society and a poor reflection on our owners. And while we are at it the taking of the knee is nothing more than pandering to another politically correct notion. Football authorities could and should have done a lot more a lot earlier. Where are the massive fines and points deductions which should have taken place years ago, quietly pushed aside for “the good of the game”. I dislike racism of any kind but our current politically correct attitude is also unacceptable and is typified by the sacking of Ross. This is my last post as I am done with this board and after 50 years Notts as well. Bye Bye
    Dont let the ****ers grind you down biker.!

What melodramatic load of old waffle that is Biker. Go and join Mr Cleese in the Caribbean if that's how you feel, I've been told it's lovely there.

Although it's a shame you've left though cos I was interested to know whether you celebrated the injury time winner against Sutton? As we know you laughably didn't want anyone celebrating the late late winner away at Chesterfield earlier this season. Just wondered if it had changed now NA has gone. You've been very quiet recently.

Looks like I will never find out, never mind.

See ya

He resigned - his words

Don't forget to flounce.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    But equally important do you get angry?

Borg is adamant of having a count on this topic, maybe Elite can run one of his polls and everyone who wants to vote can vote

Racist or not racist?
    Sackable offence or not?
    Care or don't care?
    Why would I get angry? Like I said. You will always get the odd one or two
    I am what I am, English n proud, will never change that!!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What melodramatic load of old waffle that is Biker. Go and join Mr Cleese in the Caribbean if that's how you feel, I've been told it's lovely there.

Although it's a shame you've left though cos I was interested to know whether you celebrated the injury time winner against Sutton? As we know you laughably didn't want anyone celebrating the late late winner away at Chesterfield earlier this season. Just wondered if it had changed now NA has gone. You've been very quiet recently.

Looks like I will never find out, never mind.

See ya
    Biker9999 has never been a frequent poster!!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Biker9999 has never been a frequent poster!!
    Thankfully that's true.

When he has posted there have been some absolute doozies. Nothing better than his laughable post after those two injury time goals away at Chesterfield to give us a 3-2 win.

Bizarre but funny.

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast