+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 478795969798 LastLast

Thread: Mellon gone and Hughes incoming

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Well done mate. I got North Korea in the sweep. Think they saw me coming eh ��
    depends if you can use hesgoal to show the north korean version you have won it

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    Your right sorry lets have a bit of huge possitivity from me, we got x Kelty manager in charge, only way is up from now on..sorry lads
    Thomas Courts Tangerine Army

maybe until October but any united manager will get our backing. To start with. Its happened I couldnt believe it but a month of euros then the games begin. Got to be happy with life no?

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    I love how every player that comes into the club has to be branded a TA or manager signing. It was made pretty clear early doors in TA's time that TA, the head coach and David Byrne (head of recruitment) would sit down and decide together. This is how the sporting director model works. Tony will give his list, Head Coach gives his list, head of recruitment puts his tuppence worth in and they decide together which players are the best fit.

But hey lets not let logic get in the way of a good old witch hunt eh.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    I love how every player that comes into the club has to be branded a TA or manager signing. It was made pretty clear early doors in TA's time that TA, the head coach and David Byrne (head of recruitment) would sit down and decide together. This is how the sporting director model works. Tony will give his list, Head Coach gives his list, head of recruitment puts his tuppence worth in and they decide together which players are the best fit.

But hey lets not let logic get in the way of a good old witch hunt eh.
    I dont think this is how it worked under Mellon though. From what I've been told Mellon identified areas he wanted to strengthen, Asghar came back with options, then it was choose or lose.

Do you think if was Hearts Hibs , sheep tic or huns appointed Courts as there manager, there fans would just say, it is what it is, hes got to be given a chance, and we should all get behind him.some how i think not hope in hell. all my life which is next year i will be 60 and watched united through it all, and you get what you pay for, there is always bargains out there, but if its to good to be true it usually is. i watched near every game last season and hand on heart that was **** awful.. I honestly don't care anymore what league we are in as long as we try to play decent football, sick back teeth watching total and utter sht..

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Got to agree with you regarding the lies spewing out of Tannadice last week.The careful interview process being carried out,the list of exciting candidates and the board after careful consideration selecting the outstanding coach.
    That of course was a complete pile of shyte but there are posters saying its a minter having a go at The Big Man,it is deja Vu,FACT.
    The biggest lie came from The Fruit

Do you think if was Hearts Hibs , sheep tic or huns appointed Courts as there manager, there fans would just say, it is what it is, hes got to be given a chance, and we should all get behind him.some how i think not hope in hell. all my life which is next year i will be 60 and watched united through it all, and you get what you pay for, there is always bargains out there, but if its to good to be true it usually is. i watched near every game last season and hand on heart that was **** awful.. I honestly don't care anymore what league we are in as long as we try to play decent football, sick back teeth watching total and utter sht..
    our fans havent said it is what it is. Its happened there is a lot of scepticism and anger.

Your right i would think there is a lot anger, but he is our manager next season, old saying like it or lump it comes to mind.. What is the priority next season staying up and giving kids more of a chance, or giving kids more of a chance and staying up.. every club in the land has a no 1 priority, what is uniteds, from what we are hearing its kids given more games...that is one hell of a gamble and everyone of us hopes to hell it works.

Your right i would think there is a lot anger, but he is our manager next season, old saying like it or lump it comes to mind.. What is the priority next season staying up and giving kids more of a chance, or giving kids more of a chance and staying up.. every club in the land has a no 1 priority, what is uniteds, from what we are hearing its kids given more games...that is one hell of a gamble and everyone of us hopes to hell it works.
    Asghar said today it is top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Well done mate. I got North Korea in the sweep. Think they saw me coming eh 😁
    See that's the beauty of the way I run it, a score predictor. None of this out before it starts pish.

Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 478795969798 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)