Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
I too, think that the knee bending display is counterproductive, it is making matters worse. If the players do it when we go back to the Hawthorns, I don’t think that I will boo but I will certainly turn my back to them. BLM is an odious, racist organisation but nobody dare say so. The footballers claim that they are not attached to the BLM movement, so why preach the phrase at us? Listening to all this PC racist nonsense is very annoying, it suggests that all of us should bow down to the great Woke God. Oh yes, of course all racists are white, aren’t they?
I just don't understand why people boo, but even so they have the right to protest too.

It seems to be creating tensions rather than bringing people together.

The other problem is that racists will associate themselves with the booing, so there will probably be a small section of those booing who are doing so for those disgusting reasons. But how do you identify between those who boo for political reasons and those who boo because they are racists? You can't tarnish everyone who jeers with the same brush.

I just don't see how taking the knee, or booing it improves anything. My view is that both sides are a bit pathetic.