Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Crisis!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,333

    Crisis!

    We are now in the middle of an unprecedented crisis regarding the appointment of a new manager. We've had the farcical situation whereby the board unanimously agreed to a candidate who wanted the job, only to be vetoed by an absentee owner. We've had another candidate using us to up the offer made by a foreign club. Various other managers flatly turning us down and who can blame them. What does that leave us with? Very little. Our chances of appointing a candidate of any standing are virtually nil.

    Where we go from here, I haven't a clue, and nor does anyone else. Obviously, nobody with the necessary credentials is interested and who can blame them. The whole situation is utterly shambolic and not fitting to a club of our standing or history. We all know the problem, and that is the owner, but how do we surmount this problem? The future really does look bleak.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    We are now in the middle of an unprecedented crisis regarding the appointment of a new manager. We've had the farcical situation whereby the board unanimously agreed to a candidate who wanted the job, only to be vetoed by an absentee owner. We've had another candidate using us to up the offer made by a foreign club. Various other managers flatly turning us down and who can blame them. What does that leave us with? Very little. Our chances of appointing a candidate of any standing are virtually nil.

    Where we go from here, I haven't a clue, and nor does anyone else. Obviously, nobody with the necessary credentials is interested and who can blame them. The whole situation is utterly shambolic and not fitting to a club of our standing or history. We all know the problem, and that is the owner, but how do we surmount this problem? The future really does look bleak.


    Protest like many other clubs as opposed to shrugging shoulders! Thatís the only way!

  3. #3
    The BBC reports that we have contacted Derek McInnes; the BBC, though, isn’t the reliable source that it used to be.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Protest like many other clubs as opposed to shrugging shoulders! That’s the only way!
    How can we protest though? The fixtures aren't even out yet for the coming season, so if we're not attending games, how do we do it? The problem is NOW. If I'm honest, none of the names being linked fill me with any confidence. Should we be looking abroad?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    How can we protest though? The fixtures aren't even out yet for the coming season, so if we're not attending games, how do we do it? The problem is NOW. If I'm honest, none of the names being linked fill me with any confidence. Should we be looking abroad?
    The problem is its such a gamble going abroad. At least coaches in the lower leagues know the country, the language, the climate, the demands of a 46 games season.

    I don't have a problem with giving a young manager who has done well at a lower level a chance with us. But no names jump out at me as to who that could be.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,333
    I agree with you 123, and as you say, no names jump out at you. It could be the only option available to us, to go abroad, albeit a risky one.
    Last edited by Leicesterbaggie; 11-06-2021 at 01:56 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,359
    Ian Holloway may or may not have been seen at the training ground........

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,333
    May not..... I hope!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,657
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    The problem is its such a gamble going abroad. At least coaches in the lower leagues know the country, the language, the climate, the demands of a 46 games season.

    I don't have a problem with giving a young manager who has done well at a lower level a chance with us. But no names jump out at me as to who that could be.


    Too much of a gamble. One coach doing well is Simon Weaver at Harrogate Town with promotions. Letís face it nobody big will come now ie Lampard etc due to any slur of whatís gone on. Derek M for me with Megson or Brunty to assist.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,333
    As I said in my original post, an unprecedented crisis! It really does look as if McInnes is our only option!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •