+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid Positive

Covid Positive

Mate who I was with Wednesday night was been confirmed Covid positive. His wife is negative after a PCR test and my wife and I have both tested negative on a couple of lateral flow tests. We we have been isolating since Thurs afternoon and will do so until perhaps Monday.

Try to find something else to post on here to pass the time.

I hope everything works out ok for you and the wife and that you continue to test negative. All of the very best to your mate who has tested positive too. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I hope everything works out ok for you and the wife and that you continue to test negative. All of the very best to your mate who has tested positive too. Stay safe.
    Until this I thought (stupidly) Covid was something that happened to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Until this I thought (stupidly) Covid was something that happened to other people.
    Yes it does. My wife and I are having to isolate due to last Sunday being my wife's 75th Birthday and we went out with family for a meal. One of our grandsons who was with us tested positive for Covid next day. Unlike a lot of youngsters he has been really poorly with it, raging temperature, cough etc. One of our grandaughters is also Covid positive yet she has not been at all ill. Weird how it affects some people differently.

'One of our grandaughters is also Covid positive yet she has not been at all ill. Weird how it affects some people differently.'

Possibly a false positive. This country cycles/amplifies the tests far too high which will create far more false positives than there ought to be

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    ......This country cycles/amplifies the tests far too high which will create far more false positives than there ought to be
    Afternoon Phil. Are you suggesting that testing is highly refined and finds too many cases for convenience or that testing in this country it's just plain s hit? Genuinely unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Afternoon Phil. Are you suggesting that testing is highly refined and finds too many cases for convenience or that testing in this country it's just plain s hit? Genuinely unsure.
    IMO, both. But testing is plain sh1te. The tests were not designed to tell if you are sick and If cycling is taken to above 35 then the accuracy is around 3% meaning up to 97% of positive results could be false positives. Using these tests to make Government policy such as lockdowns is a scandal.

The UK cycles/amplifies around 45

Ive heard of loads of covid cases now. My dentist said that they are having 10 patients cancel everyday with covid. Worse than its ever been here. Makes me more cautious to be honest when the restrictions are eased. I know the jab helps, but who, when and how much?, lots of variables.

I can imagine it now. 'Booking dental appointments gives you Covid'. Be on the safe side....... let your teeth rot 😊 .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)