+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: United v East Fife

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Well a win… but fuxache.

Concerning team choices, tactics and performance AND seriously not good enough tonight.

However 4 wins in games we would probably have struggled in at times in the past, like all of the bigger clubs.

Credit to East Fife tonight, they did well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Agree mate. I think every other prem team has made a few signings. Still someone mentioned 2 poss signings this week. Will wait and see.
    I've seen a few posters hail Edwards and Chalmers as like new signings. No they're not, they're players we already had that opted to stay. It just means we need to sign 2 less players. A new signing is when you add a player. We still need minimum 2 players to compete for top 6, a strike partner for Shanks and a quality creative mid.
    We'll struggle without that.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    Exactly how i feel, Harkes never gets dropped, please someone tell me im the 3 years he has been here, what he has improved in his game from day one to now, he does a great pass now and again then load passes could not hit barn door, i will prob get slated for saying this , but what has Harkes played so well every week never ever gets dropped, i honestly think TA tells manager he will be playing, you can't be that sh1t every week and get an auto start..just does not add up..
    It raises an interesting point why Harkes does consistently get played. His goals and assists record for time on the pitch and where he plays is poor and he only occasionally delivers good performances.

Problem is what is end plan for harkes - will we ever be able to sell him ? Maybe but we should do it sooner rather than later imho

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    It raises an interesting point why Harkes does consistently get played. His goals and assists record for time on the pitch and where he plays is poor and he only occasionally delivers good performances.

Problem is what is end plan for harkes - will we ever be able to sell him ? Maybe but we should do it sooner rather than later imho
    I have zero trust in our Sporting Director and often look at who the players agent is,i know its no gonna be The Bandit's company but i think sometimes it could be an auld mate's business he is due a favour to.
    Tomorrow i do a 14 hour shift and i'm already certain some of my posts tonight will be ridiculed by The Bandit Backers in my absence but history tells me when i smell a stinking rat i'm normally right,FACT.

This place is gonna be fun when we actually lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    This place is gonna be fun when we actually lose.
    Tbh ADS I never see you comment on a game, during a game, about a player or a formation, about what could be done to improve us, about current players strengths or weaknesses. I never see you comment about a goal, a free kick, a great save.
    The list goes on, begs the question why are you actually here because it doesn't appear that you're here to discuss United, just to disagree with folk and complain about them if they're concerned about the future of the club we love.

Who are these backers GB talks of? Has anyone came out and backed TA to the hilt, or are people just waiting to see how things transpire in early part of the season and giving things a chance before deciding either way, giving the two positive seasons we have had with the current regime not unreasonable I'd suggest

Also has anyone came out and said they think this season will definitely go well? I've had my concerns about the appointment all along, I wanted McInnes, said so many times, not liking the choice of formation either just as didn't like it last season but I don't think the opposition are all that great next season as people may think so hoping things will turn out better than anticipated, would help if there was a couple new signings soon though to give us a lift

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Who are these backers GB talks of? Has anyone came out and backed TA to the hilt, or are people just waiting to see how things transpire in early part of the season and giving things a chance before deciding either way, giving the two positive seasons we have had with the current regime not unreasonable I'd suggest

Also has anyone came out and said they think this season will definitely go well? I've had my concerns about the appointment all along, I wanted McInnes, said so many times, not liking the choice of formation either just as didn't like it last season but I don't think the opposition are all that great next season as people may think so hoping things will turn out better than anticipated, would help if there was a couple new signings soon though to give us a lift
    Its no so much his backers Shedka,its more the don't you FN say a bad thing about my club brigade that are the problem.Some of them have probably never set foot in Tannadice for years too.
    I reckon many do not see it but a lot O the shyte coming out of Tannadice or complete lack of communication is very similar to the end of the ST reign.
    There of course is one major difference this time the owner is not to blame albeit his appointment of The Bandit and Bandit junior has made the club a bit of a basket case but hopefully the Ogren's can get over soon and get them punted.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    There of course is one major difference this time the owner is not to blame albeit his appointment of The Bandit and Bandit junior has made the club a bit of a basket case but hopefully the Ogren's can get over soon and get them punted.
    TA will be going nowhere while the club are meeting it's targets for the owner. They have since TA arrived so if you are really keen that TA goes the implication is you want United to fail. The question I'd have is: what do you want more?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Tbh ADS I never see you comment on a game, during a game, about a player or a formation, about what could be done to improve us, about current players strengths or weaknesses. I never see you comment about a goal, a free kick, a great save.
    The list goes on, begs the question why are you actually here because it doesn't appear that you're here to discuss United, just to disagree with folk and complain about them if they're concerned about the future of the club we love.
    He has a point though. But it’s the same on every clubs forums and social media. Mad is actually quite tame in comparison . 4 game 4 wins, experimental tactics and players, lots of fitness gained in competitive games. Well done Tam good start could t ask for more tbh. We need a signing or two though. Even then I think we are no where near top 6 material. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its no so much his backers Shedka,its more the don't you FN say a bad thing about my club brigade that are the problem.Some of them have probably never set foot in Tannadice for years too.
    I reckon many do not see it but a lot O the shyte coming out of Tannadice or complete lack of communication is very similar to the end of the ST reign.
    What you say about Tony is worrying but I know there is truth about it. I’m sure you will agree though Shedka has only posted what the rest of us know and is being positive about the club he loves. Your insights are frightening but we all want the best for Utd and hope a couple of signings and a few wins set this up.

Good response to shedkas message. Yeah I’m concerned but only because everything you have said so far has happened. MB Tony is a genius or maybe he is just a bent ex copper - extremes but I still hope it’s somewhere in between. I’m with shedka on this but only because I hope it all works out.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)