Thread: Top 6

Top 6

Is this still a thing

Is there any importance attached to it except that you've had a very good season.

7th or 8th a point or 3 behind does it make any difference to Joe average fan.

Coming 6th seems to be the provincial clubs unnoficial champs for some reason.

5th and qualification for Europe I get, 6th no so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Is this still a thing

Is there any importance attached to it except that you've had a very good season.

7th or 8th a point or 3 behind does it make any difference to Joe average fan.

Coming 6th seems to be the provincial clubs unnoficial champs for some reason.

5th and qualification for Europe I get, 6th no so much.
    Well it at least means you canít be relegated wth a Duffyesque post split collapse!

Thatís the main thing, means you are safe from getting involved in any relegation/play off stuff in the last 5 games. More prize money too and 2 or 3 of the bigger teams coming to Dens in the last 5 games

The payouts are higher in the top six.

Yeah I know all that guys but as a fan.....do you think yes top6 compared to finishing 7th or the same as 7th to 8th etc.

Forget the wee bit of extra money.

Any prestige.

If you are 7th the only thing that matters is how far you are above 11th and can you be dragged in with a bad run of 5 games.
    Having had that happen to us in the past, Iíd say the prestige of finishing top six is not having to bother your arse about whatís happening below