+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Them o'er river

Us and Boston United ? Just two little toys.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    We’ve been going longer than them five though.
    lets not forget that they (florists) did not have the need to replace a manager for over 15 years which has kept their sacking average down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    According to Sky Sports its Notts County who have had the most managers in history - 57 men have taken charge of the club.
    Second is Crystal Palace with 55
    Third Walsall with 54
    Fourth Carlisle with 50

Mansfield 22nd with 40
    and Fword 42nd with 36...

Not something to be proud of me thinks...
    If me and my calculator are working properly I make it thus:

Average years for each manager is...
    Crystal Palace 2.1
    Walsall 2.46
    Carlisle 2.34
    Mansfield 3.1
    Forest 4.33
    Notts 2.78

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I really do hope it works out for the current owners who seem thoroughly decent, but at the end of the day they have to be successful and it's one of the most difficult tasks Notts have ever faced.
    Interesting note, ‘they have to be successful’. Successful ultimately means taking us back to the football league. Everybody associated with club wants this. With the situation at Derby, it seems quite appropriate to ask this question, at what price?

As we all know, the NL is ultra competitive this season. So, to achieve success is going be some achievement. I’m happy to support a club that is tackling the task in hand in the manner we are; not spending above our means, sustainable, quality coaching etc. Yes, this path to success may take longer. But, the alternative of **** or bust? Wrexham owners are likely to stay around, but the likes of Stockport will already be getting anxious about the financial consequences of not achieving promotion. Which will lead to their owners, potentially, making erratic decisions.

I’m desperate to get out of the NL. But, I’d sooner be in the NL with our current owners and the philosophy they have than where we were under the Trews, Hardy and the false dawn of Munto.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Interesting note, ‘they have to be successful’. Successful ultimately means taking us back to the football league. Everybody associated with club wants this. With the situation at Derby, it seems quite appropriate to ask this question, at what price?

As we all know, the NL is ultra competitive this season. So, to achieve success is going be some achievement. I’m happy to support a club that is tackling the task in hand in the manner we are; not spending above our means, sustainable, quality coaching etc. Yes, this path to success may take longer. But, the alternative of **** or bust? Wrexham owners are likely to stay around, but the likes of Stockport will already be getting anxious about the financial consequences of not achieving promotion. Which will lead to their owners, potentially, making erratic decisions.

I’m desperate to get out of the NL. But, I’d sooner be in the NL with our current owners and the philosophy they have than where we were under the Trews, Hardy and the false dawn of Munto.
    Thoughtful, sensible post, Killer!

I agree but they won’t be here forever if we don’t progress. They need promotion as do we.

That post will no doubt upset some of the more impatient and desperate locals.

Excellent post KK, couldn't agree more.

The last on-field success (promotion) Notts achieved ultimately cost us far more than than the joy that one fantastic memorable season brought us fans in the stands.

We should never look to repeat that. Avoid at all costs.

Good post. None of us want to be in this division, but we got here on “merit” and that’s the only way we’ll get out of it. We’re playing some great football and some not-so-great football, but it’s clear there’s a vision at play here - and it’s a laudable one.

As fans, all we can do is get behind the team and owners, and support them the best we can (vocally and financially).

Who would have thought a fred about them o’er the river would provide such engaging debate, great to see some very interesting posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Who would have thought a fred about them o’er the river would provide such engaging debate, great to see some very interesting posts.
    Looks like it could be Agent Cooper.

Lets hope he produces a barrel of laffs for us Notts fans.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...forest-5927015

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast